Introduction, and a question(of course)

P.Holm

Equipment
L2250 4WD,FEL,60"belly mower,60" JD bush hog,60" JD box blade-Kubota T1400
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Hello again everyone!
A couple questions already answered, thanks!
Heres the intro 1st.
I came across, or lucked into more accuratly, an L2250 4WD with a BF400g FEL.
The old gentleman bought it new, had some injector pump problems and parked it under some trees(Ugh!) where it sat untouched for 6-7 years.
The good news is I came along at the right time and he let me take it out of his yard for 600 dollars, no that is not a mis-type.
I already had bought a beat up L2050 with a cracked block and was going to try something with that, but used it for parts instead, with advise from you guys I used that inector pump,cleaned everything up,changed fluids and in a weekend had the L2250 up and running.
Two things,the Power steering does not work, I am not sure how to tell if the steering box is getting pressure, I can steer, but there is half a rotation of free play.The control valve for the loader leaks and we need to replace that but am having a hard time finding a used valve.
Also the tractor only has 1100 hours on it, how many hours are considered to be a high hour unit and ready for major servicing?
We had to replace the 6 foot belly deck, leaves had totally rotted it out.
but we got a 5 foot belly deck for cheap and are thinking of converting it into a 3pt deck.
here are a couple of pics of what it looked like before we got here homeif anyone is interested I'll put up some of her as she is now.
In Feb we are going to go for a re-paint. Looking forward to that

Attachments

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Amazing deal. That loader valve may be able to be rebuilt. The loader itself is worth more than what you paid for the tractor. The power steering I have no idea other than air in the system. Good luck and keep us posted. And YES we love pictures.:D Dusty

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
need to replace one of the valve assemblies, the loader sat so long in one position, the plunger rusted where it was exposed so there is no seal once the plunger goes down that far and it leaks , still will work but you'll end up with a shoe full of hydro fluid after a little bit .
just the assembly is $462 from kubota,1100 for a whole control valve!!
Ouch!

Paul

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya I priced one for my b7200 and they wanted $1100. I bought one from a local agco dealer for $500. Aftermarket but the connections were in the same spot and they installed the power beyond. The Kubota had that sloppy joe joy stick in it and this one is so much nicer. Like I said keep us posted.:D Dusty

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Not familiar with power beyond, how is it different from kubotas joystick setup?

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Thanks for the heads up, I actually have been working with the tractor all summer like this and it does get tiresome.
We did replace the line that goes from the pump to the steering box, I wonder do we have to bleed it and how do you go about this?

Here are a couple of pics of the tractor after we got it all cleaned up and running.
seems like we braised about 150 pinholes in the lines before the loader would work.
also burned throughabout 30 rods re-skinning the bucket!! My 1st lesson in welding, what a way to learn, sunburned my neck and face a bit after that night!!
my bucket still smiles a bit even after swinging a 15 pound hammer on it a bit, is there a more productive method f fixing this?

Thanks again guys!

Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
anyone have any tips on whether the ps needs to be bled?
When I got the tractor the metal line,Kubota calls it the delivery pipe, was missing the bolt that attaches it to the pump, ordered one of those and still no PS, my thought is air in the system?
Can not find a bleeder valve though or is this supposed to be self bleeding?

Thanks
Paul

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Quite the fun little project you've got going there! I've not worked on that 2 pump setup, but all other tractors I've owned, both with one universal pump, as well as ones with dedicated PS pumps are self bleeding units. Perhaps someone will verify on that particular tractor, but I'd lean towards Vic's advice and tear into that 2nd pump.

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
I wonder if anyone has the mentioned service bulletin handy, there may be some info to make this easier?

Paul

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
may seem like a silly question but how long would a safe estimate be for an average joe to pull the unit?
Looks fairly straight forward but I've been fooled by appearances before.

Paul

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
figured I would fool with it a little more before pulling the pump, when I loosend and even removed the delivery pipe-PS line, No fluid came out. With the tractor running I would have thought even a loose bolt would result in fluid spurting everywhere.
I thought I would post a pic, perhaps something is amiss that I cannot see.
Remember this unit was all disconnected when I got it so maybe I put something back on wrong? Should the pump be primed by filling it with fluid?
Can someone tell me what the plug in the second pic is for?

Also the last pic is of the last two connectors I cant figure where they go.
Perhaps somone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone!
Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
I guess that explains the battery idiot light on all the time, is there a quick fix to turn that light off?
I will bow to the inevitable and yank the pump next week after one more mow and bush hog, good thing the grass has gone dormant.
Time to scrounge up a WSM, are there any places to get them in pdf format?

Thanks

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Mr. Holm I don't think Kubota made a plug in sensor to replace this feature as the idea was to measure the specific gravity in the OEM batteries cells and the originals lasted for years before they sufated and needed changed. If it really bugs you..you would have to figure out the resistive load the transducer provided to easy checker circuit or what I'd do is simply remove the bulb which is another story getting to it...

P.Holm

Equipment
Apr 24, 2009
Lakeland,Fl
Thanks for the info.
L2250D-51846 is the serial # on the tranny, is there a lookup utility to tell ear of manufacture, place of purchase etc?
also with 1216 hours on the tractor, are there any aging signs to look for?
I was told that kubotas don't get long in the tooth until around 3000 hours.

Paul