Installing new mower lift link LH - help!

ColleenT

Equipment
BX2660, Woodmaxx chipper, Land Pride 60" rear blade
May 15, 2021
Dow, IL
Hello, Kubota folks!

I'm new to the world of tractors, country life, and owning land, and this will be our first summer mowing. We have about 2 acres of lawn, so we bought a BX2660 with a 60" MMM that I LOVE. I was so excited to hop on for some mowing in the spring! Long story short, I realized that the mower wasn't staying up in the TOP position, so I poked around Orange Tractor Talks and realized I needed to adjust the bolt at the end of the mower lift link behind the left rear tire. I went to adjust it - and realized it was totally broken. :confused:
brokenbolt.jpg
So I ordered the new part from my local dealership, but now I can't get the old part detached to switch out the parts. A neighbor came by to help and got the broken piece removed, but the new part includes the removed part AND the part it was attached to (I hope this makes sense - I'm attaching lots of photos to help explain!)

Here's the exploded view from the manual:
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 11.08.35 AM.png

It's worth mentioning that the part that my neighbor managed to remove (the long, thin section) was attached with a bolt. The replacement has the long, thin part and the L-shaped part at the end already connected from the factory, so I'm thinking it was "fixed" before (here's a photo - note the long bolt at the top where the two parts were connected).

part_to_unscrew.jpg
And here is a view from above looking down onto the area where the bolts are:
top_view.jpg

Am I trying to detach the wrong part? I've tried ample amounts of PB Blaster and it's nowhere near budging. I'd appreciate any ideas or insights from the group. We're just starting to get all the tools and power equipment needed for life out here, so if this repair requires something more specialized (or requires taking a bunch of things apart), I can call up the dealership if needed. I just looked like such a simple repair and I'm stubborn...

Many thanks in advance for sharing your tractor wisdom!

Colleen

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
All I can think to say is that it is a bolt, so it should come out with enough persuasion.

I would use my air impact wrench, or maybe even my electric impact driver. A long breaker bar might work too. It’s all about leverage in my limited experience...😀

ColleenT

Equipment
May 15, 2021
Dow, IL
All I can think to say is that it is a bolt, so it should come out with enough persuasion.

I would use my air impact wrench, or maybe even my electric impact driver. A long breaker bar might work too. It’s all about leverage in my limited experience...😀
Thanks for reassuring me that I'm heading in the right direction. I will keep at it! This bolt will not defeat me!

ColleenT

Equipment
May 15, 2021
Dow, IL
Oooooh good point, Loner16. You just saved me from stripping the bolt head. I will switch to a six point!

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks for reassuring me that I'm heading in the right direction. I will keep at it! This bolt will not defeat me!
I bought an old excavator in January. There are Allen head, or rather Allen socket head plugs, that needed to come out so I could check the final drive oil level.

I tried manually and I couldn’t get them loose. I bought the proper Allen head socket , and used my air impact wrench to loosen them and they came out like a piece of cake.

So I don’t doubt that you will be able to get that bolt out. It’s just a matter of how you apply the torque to free it up. This could be a long breaker bar, or something like a air impact driver. I did try my Dewalt cordless impact driver but no luck there. But it was an electric impact driver not a impact ranch.