Installing 3PH lift arms correctly

Codyrapoza

Equipment
B8200 4wd hst
Apr 25, 2020
Ogden, utah
Need a little help. I acquired a new to me B8200 but it had no 3PH equipment on it. I sourced everything from the junk yard and now I need to know the best way to install the splined lift arms since it appears there is no key and they can be installed however you want. Thinking find full up and install them that way but what do the arms look like at full up? Is there a better way?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would look at the problem in the opposite direction. Lower the spline down and place the arms where you need them to be to operate. Once you locate them do a test lift with something on the hitch and watch where the top link travels. You do not want it to strike against the back of the tractor as it comes up.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Need a little help. I acquired a new to me B8200 but it had no 3PH equipment on it. I sourced everything from the junk yard and now I need to know the best way to install the splined lift arms since it appears there is no key and they can be installed however you want. Thinking find full up and install them that way but what do the arms look like at full up? Is there a better way?
There are "Timing" marks on both the rock shaft and the splined arm. Mark on the rock shaft it on the end vertical face next to the spline. Mark on the arm is on the outer face next to the spline. Just line them up and slide them on.