Install instructions L4060hstc

allmoto

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Grand Cab, bucket, forks, snow plow
Jul 15, 2018
Kalispell, Montana
I am looking for installation instructions for a Kubota L2265 third function kit on the above model. I purchased a kit but there are zero instructions or helpful hints for install.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I'd check with the dealer who supplied the kit to see if they have something available. I'd be surprised if there was zero info coming out of Kubota to support the installation process for the dealers.

Most of the Wholegood kits I've purchased have come with instructions ranging from the very simple to more complex (stuff that fits multiple models), but I've never purchased a 3rd function valve either.

Hope someone can provide a copy for you, but I think your dealer might be able to provide some support.

Good luck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am looking for installation instructions for a Kubota L2265 third function kit on the above model. I purchased a kit but there are zero instructions or helpful hints for install.
Oh your not going to like the install on that one! :eek:
If I remember correctly on a cab model it takes a ton of work to install. :(
I'll look through my notes and see if I can find anything on the install, the instructions are with the loader manual.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Might contact your dealer (or any dealer) and let them know you have a Kubota 3rd function kit and need the loader manual (to match your loader) for installation instructions. It's at the back of that manual. They should be able to email it to you.

On my L4240 ROPS it requires removing the right tire and fender to get to the valve. Yours will probably require more.

One dealer quoted me $400, and one $650 for the install.

allmoto

Equipment
Jul 15, 2018
Kalispell, Montana
Thanks guys... I did contact my local dealer and they were able to email me a PDF for the loader assembly process. That 56 page document contains instructions for the Kubota 3rd function install as well. Now it's just a matter of getting started. While there are a ton of pieces/parts to install, it seems fairly straight forward. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I looked at all the parts in that box, looked at where the valve is located on the tractor, read the installation instructions, and decided I'd hire it out.

Have to take the loader frame off...... drain the hyd. oil.... right tire, fender comes off (loaded tires)....

Get some overtime on your job and let someone who has all the tools handy, and done it before do it!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
What excatly is a 3rd function anyway??

Irun a hay grapple for squares (accumulator) and all I did was run a set of hoses from the back to the front and use one of my 3 remotes. Is that what t is?:confused:

allmoto

Equipment
Jul 15, 2018
Kalispell, Montana
I took the plunge and installed the kit. It was an all day project but with the PDF installation document the job went fairly well. I did have a real time getting the crossover tube fittings under the seat loosened. With the seat tilted up, standing in the cab with one foot on one wrench and pulling with all my strength, the fittings finally popped loose. The good thing... no busted knuckles!

I had to go to the local dealer for some reducer fittings to connect the quick disconnect couplers for my 8' QuickAttach plow. I had a 50/50 chance at guessing which fitting, male or female, went where... and I missed my guess. The articulation side to side is opposite what I expected, but I left the fitting as initially assembled. Perhaps I will swap them in the future, but for now it all works, so I am happy.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Allmoto, I got my L3560HSTC with the 3rd function factory installed as I knew I was going to get either a plow or snowblower. I'm glad I did, and I have the quick attach plow like you have and it has worked great for the last 3 yrs.

Attachments

Alexvbugman

Equipment
Grand L3560HST Cab
Jan 29, 2017
Crown Point, Indiana
Thanks guys... I did contact my local dealer and they were able to email me a PDF for the loader assembly process. That 56 page document contains instructions for the Kubota 3rd function install as well. Now it's just a matter of getting started. While there are a ton of pieces/parts to install, it seems fairly straight forward. Wish me luck!

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of the kit?

allmoto

Equipment
Jul 15, 2018
Kalispell, Montana
I bought the Kubota kit and it was around $990. I'm glad I did buy the Kubota set up as it was designed specifically for the L4060HSTC. The job was made much easier with the PDF assembly instructions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looking over the pictures one detail jumped out at me and screamed NO.
Teflon tape, Huge NO NO in hydraulics! ;)

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I found this Kwik Way snowplow really cheap. I had to replace all the hydraulic hoses and fittings. Painted it and new decals. I just unhooked the loader tip/curl cylinder quick connects at the spool valve and hooked the plow left/right cylinders in. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mljenkins

Equipment
L6060HSTC
Aug 28, 2019
WV
I took the plunge and installed the kit. It was an all day project but with the PDF installation document the job went fairly well. I did have a real time getting the crossover tube fittings under the seat loosened. With the seat tilted up, standing in the cab with one foot on one wrench and pulling with all my strength, the fittings finally popped loose. The good thing... no busted knuckles!

I had to go to the local dealer for some reducer fittings to connect the quick disconnect couplers for my 8' QuickAttach plow. I had a 50/50 chance at guessing which fitting, male or female, went where... and I missed my guess. The articulation side to side is opposite what I expected, but I left the fitting as initially assembled. Perhaps I will swap them in the future, but for now it all works, so I am happy.
I sent you a PM, but not sure if it will send since I am new on this forum. You seem to be one of the only people I have seen install one of these kits on an L60. From your posts, it didn't seem too bad.

I am trying to work out an issue with my hydraulic setup on my L6060HSTC but my dealer did the install and I don't have the install manual.

I have a backhoe, and was wondering if the install manual for the L2265 third-function kit mentions the hydraulic hookup when a backhoe exists in the circuit, particularly if the third function valve should be before or after the backhoe.

I've can verify the rest from looking the parts diagrams on Messick's site, but the parts diagrams don't show the hookup with the backhoe power beyond circuit.

I've looked all over here and other forums and can't seem to find anyone has done this themselves and said one way or the other. I guess most of the times the dealers must do these installs.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Endolane

Equipment
Kubota L4060 tractor with LA805 loader
Apr 28, 2021
Glenwood, NJ
Do you have the info on that PDF file you could share? i have the exact same issue and working with my dealer but they were not able to locate the PDF as of yet

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I sent you a PM, but not sure if it will send since I am new on this forum. You seem to be one of the only people I have seen install one of these kits on an L60. From your posts, it didn't seem too bad.

I am trying to work out an issue with my hydraulic setup on my L6060HSTC but my dealer did the install and I don't have the install manual.

I have a backhoe, and was wondering if the install manual for the L2265 third-function kit mentions the hydraulic hookup when a backhoe exists in the circuit, particularly if the third function valve should be before or after the backhoe.

I've can verify the rest from looking the parts diagrams on Messick's site, but the parts diagrams don't show the hookup with the backhoe power beyond circuit.

I've looked all over here and other forums and can't seem to find anyone has done this themselves and said one way or the other. I guess most of the times the dealers must do these installs.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
Little late, but for follow on readers in the future. The install should go as instructed for the third function. The only difference if you have a backhoe, is to take the pb of the third function and move it from the port going to the three point (green tape) to the inlet P of the backhoe. So, loader>3rd function>backhoe>three point. If you dont it will cause the backhoe to get pressure spikes. The backhoe will twitch when the 3rd function is used, and can blow out the valve seals in the backhoe stack.

The three from the third function are orange=P Gray=T Green=pb

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I looked at all the parts in that box, looked at where the valve is located on the tractor, read the installation instructions, and decided I'd hire it out.

Have to take the loader frame off...... drain the hyd. oil.... right tire, fender comes off (loaded tires)....

Get some overtime on your job and let someone who has all the tools handy, and done it before do it!
Installed this kit and the combined third/hydraulic two lever 4 times. Never once did I drain the fluid, remove loader brackets, or remove the tire. It makes it easier yes, but it can be done. The seat being removed would help greatly, as removing the joiner pipe between loader pb/threepoint inlet is a bear to remove. You need a 1-1/16" wrench. I also advise using a smaller wrench flat to pop it off the tubes once the nut is backed off. (between the removed nut and port threads.) Use lots of rags/paper towls around pipe after the nuts are broken loose 1/4 pint of fluid comes out. As far as the loader bracket only the bottom two bolts/nut need to be removed.

Rick-m

Equipment
L4060
Apr 9, 2022
Pennsylvania
Do you have the info on that PDF file you could share? i have the exact same issue and working with my dealer but they were not able to locate the PDF as of yet
Im wondering if you got your third function figured out. I have an L4060hst rops with bh92 backhoe. And third function. I bought it used and when i used my grapple my backhoe valves all leak now. I bought all new orings to fix all the valve leaks but i would like to get this issue fixed before i use the third function anymore. From what i reading the third function is plumed wrong. So I'm also looking for the installation pdf for the third function.

Batripp

Equipment
L5460 ROPS
Jan 12, 2023
Shibleys Point Mo

Do you still have that PDF and can you send me a copy?