Implement lowering speed knob

hunter.b2015

Dec 23, 2018
Batavia
Hi,
Anyone have any idea on why the lowering speed know will not turn either way on my b8200? In the manual it reefers to a lock but I’m not quite sure what that is. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Likely seized from lack of use. “Lock” refers to turning it all the way locks the 3 point.
Perhaps some penetrating oil over time will free it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The lock will make it not lower at all, it can move up but not down. Turn knob to slow direction till it stops turning and that’s the lock position.

If the knob won’t turn the follow advice above.

If the knob turns but nothing changes there is a problem between the knob and shaft- probably a roll pin sheared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hunter.b2015

Dec 23, 2018
Batavia
The lock will make it not lower at all, it can move up but not down. Turn knob to slow direction till it stops turning and that’s the lock position.

If the knob won’t turn the follow advice above.

If the knob turns but nothing changes there is a problem between the knob and shaft- probably a roll pin sheared

It won’t turn at all. Like it’s seized. Wonder if it can be disassembled?

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It can be dissembled but spray a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blaster on the shaft and let it soak in for a day or so then try to turn it a little bit both directions. Repeat until it is freed up or you feel defeated. Then you can proceed to disassembly.

But be patient and do not try to force it too much or you will probably shear the roll pin.

If you want to see an exploded parts list go to Kubota.com and illustrated parts list and agree to the terms. Put in your model number and then look for the correct part pages for that area of the tractor

hunter.b2015

Dec 23, 2018
Batavia
It can be dissembled but spray a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blaster on the shaft and let it soak in for a day or so then try to turn it a little bit both directions. Repeat until it is freed up or you feel defeated. Then you can proceed to disassembly.

But be patient and do not try to force it too much or you will probably shear the roll pin.

If you want to see an exploded parts list go to Kubota.com and illustrated parts list and agree to the terms. Put in your model number and then look for the correct part pages for that area of the tractor

Thanks man

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Had this in a previous life. I was over aggressive with the knob and broke it. Ended up I had to put a vise-grip on the shaft and turn it with that. Basically, don't get too strong with it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine got hard to turn on my little M but because it has a cab, there are 2 U joints in the shaft between the knob and the pilot screw and they got bound up. Some PBaster and soak time cured that issue.

hunter.b2015

Dec 23, 2018
Batavia
It’s free. Sprayed it down a couple times a day for the past 2 days. With a bit of tension each time turning on it, finally it broke free. Just realized my Mx 5200 is the same way, thing hasn’t been exposed to any weather since it was new not sure why it’s froze. Ooh well back too it.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad you got it working

npalen

Equipment
B9200
Feb 10, 2016
Beloit, KS
I'm sure this wasn't your problem but I've noticed that the knob on my B9200 can be very difficult to turn if there is a heavy load on the 3PH.
Lowering the load to the ground before adjusting the knob solves that problem.

Codyrapoza

Equipment
B8200 4wd hst
Apr 25, 2020
Ogden, utah
I think the internals are damaged on my knob as I cant lock out or adjust 3PH lowering speed. Is disassembly straight forward? It looks as if there is an internal clip that may need to be removed?