I think I located my Hydraulic Leak

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
I've been hunting down a hydraulic leak coming from the rear of my b26 for months now. Every time I thought I found it a week or so would go by and I would find that deflating spot on the garage floor. So today I took off the rear wheel and pulled back the seat and with just the right lighting I was able to trace the oil slick to the top of the hydraulic valve that controls the front end loader. Now the bad news is I'm thinking I may need a whole new valve.:( It seems the oil is coming from the two plungers on the top of the valve that control the bucket roll and the raise and lower function. Does anyone have any info on weather or not there are some kind of replaceable o rings or gaskets on those plunger? or maybe it is rebuild able?

stumpcutter

Equipment
BX1850d
Nov 22, 2017
virginia
check out messick's web site search by model # then search transmission they have o rings for cap {dip stick}

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Wow you guys are great. All I could find on Messicks was the actual valve body. That diagram is exactly what I need. Does anyone have experience replacing parts like that? I’m curious if it’s someth I could tackle or does it require some specialty tools to take apart and reassemble?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wow you guys are great. All I could find on Messicks was the actual valve body. That diagram is exactly what I need. Does anyone have experience replacing parts like that? I’m curious if it’s someth I could tackle or does it require some specialty tools to take apart and reassemble?
Not really any special tools.