I love standards...

crmorse

Equipment
'20 RTV-XG850, '16 L47 TLB, '06 JCB 506CHL, '99 JD 455G, 1953 Ford 8N
Nov 28, 2016
Anniston, AL
...the great thing about them is there are so many of them. :groan:

So I recently got a 2016 L47 TLB and I've been building a hydraulic attachment to go on the rear. When I ordered the L47 I had the dealer add the rear remotes kit. So before ordering all my fittings and connectors I checked all the QDS on my tractor and [incorrectly] thought they were all 1/2".

So needless to say, after getting in my fittings and plumbing everything up I went to connect to the swing output on the tractor (my implement needs constant flow and the remotes are all double acting) and it didn't fit. The swing output was actually smaller. Then I tried the return since it was larger and it actually is 1/2" but a different style. Dang!

So after that little fun I decided to check more carefully. With the help of this handy chart I found posted on TBN I learned the following.

Factory QDs for the TLB:
- Return outlet: Male 1/2" ISO-B (Faster)
- Backhoe inlet: Female 1/2" ISO-B (Faster)
- Swing inlet: Female 3/8" ISO-B (no-name)

Factory QDs on rear remotes:
- Female 1/2" ISO-A (Parker)

Loader 3rd Function QDs: (dealer installed)
- Pair of 1/2" AG (Pioneer)

Note 1: In the 1/2" size *only* AG and ISO-A are interchangeable. But ISO A & B never are.

Note 2: Those Parker connectors on the rear remotes are really cool. No spring collar to fight with. You push it in to connect and you pull it out to disconnect. I have no idea how they don't pop out under pressure but I'll take it. I think I'll be ordering some more of those whenever I need to build new implements.