Hydro Leak

Remster13

May 5, 2016
Jonestown, Pa
I started parking my tractor in my wood shed and noticed on the concrete a small, quarter size, spot. I crawled under and noticed where the transmission is bolted together there was a droplet of hydro oil. This quarter size spot is over the course of an entire day. It's an L48 tractor. Obviously, the problem is PROBABLY the gasket. However, should I be too concerned about this and tear the entire tractor apart or just accept there is a small leak? Can anything major be affected if I check the oil level regularly?

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I had bought a used BX 2350 a couple years ago and had the same problem. What I thought was the same thing.After really checking it out I found that it was the rear PTO seal leaking. The oil followed the seam of the mating cases and leaked under the tractor.So really check things over real well before assuming its the gasket between the cases.Once I determined it was the seal, I replaced it and no more oil leak.

Remster13

May 5, 2016
Jonestown, Pa
Ah!! That could very well be the problem too. I heard they used the PTO a lot. How did you determine that the problem? Did you tear the tractor apart or is there any easy check for that?

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I just had that work done on my 2014 gr2120 tractor under warranty.

This is the work order/receipt hope you can read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost forgot to mention when I first noticed the problem and called them about it they sent their mobile tech over he couldn't pinpoint the exact area it was leaking so he sprayed it good with metal cleaner/brake cleaner and asked me to send the shop some photos when it started again. It took a few days and. a few hours and those are the photos above. They promptly came picked it up , repaired it and brought it back. Glad it was still under warranty because I think it would've been a few hundred dollars for sure. But also to mention what a great dealer they are absolutely no hassle.

Last edited:

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Ah!! That could very well be the problem too. I heard they used the PTO a lot. How did you determine that the problem? Did you tear the tractor apart or is there any easy check for that?
I cleaned everything up really good and ran it for awhile with the pto engaged and sort of got lucky in seeing that it was sort of wet . after having cleaned it all up. Best clean it up and keep watch as to where it could be coming from any leaks up top are going to run down somewhere.