hydraulic rear blade

2230 kubota

Equipment
2005 kubota 2230
Apr 2, 2023
sydney
I have a 2005 Kubota 2230 and I would like to add a angle control to my back blade. Any diagrams, DIY project, piping kits, or site to help me complete the system is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Well, all the mounting points are going to depend on the blade and cylinder that you have. If you dont have the cylinder yet then you get to pick based more on what’s best rather than ‘what ya got’. In general i would say try to get a cylinder with a thick rod diameter because once its hydraulic, if you snag something really hard instead of bending the blade its going to try to bend your cylinder rod instead (at least, if you snag on the other side of the blade from the cyl). In general bigger is better because not only does it let you attach at greater distances from your center pivot (minimizes physical interference possibilities) but the larger volume of fluid held by a big cylinder will slow down the movement as well so you wont have to idle down or install restrictors etc to get it to slow down after the fact.

Can you weld thick enough metal to build the mounting points?

2230 kubota

Equipment
2005 kubota 2230
Apr 2, 2023
sydney
The hydraulic cylinder came off a town snow plow. I will check the two spool valve size and get back to you with more info. I had it set up for a B-6100 plow but I sold and was going to try to adapt to 2230. Thanks for reply

Reactions: 1 user

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
The hydraulic cylinder came off a town snow plow. I will check the two spool valve size and get back to you with more info. I had it set up for a B-6100 plow but I sold and was going to try to adapt to 2230. Thanks for reply
I cobbled together hydraulic angle for my rear blade (RK brand) I use for snow removal. Disregard the circles and arrow. I can easily reverse blade by pulling the pin and replacing in the opposite side. I get about 45deg max angle each way. Let me know if you need more pictures or other info.
Regards

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
A cylinder off a truck-size plow blade will already be the appropriate size as far as rod strength, strength of the mounting points etc so you're probably off to a pretty good start. As long as it's a double acting cylinder! Some plows use 2 single acting cylinders instead and if you only had one of those you'd need another one to make this work.

I like the reversible mount idea shown above!

The main thing to be careful of with your mounting points is interference between the cylinder and other things as it moves. Because whatever you attach it to will be moving in an arc, the entire cylinder itself will also sweep through an arc, just a much smaller one. So it will need clearance to either side of the cylinder housing, and the end that the cylinder is pushing around cannot have anything come in from the sides and ding the cylinder rod either. In a case like this you can probably just mock up potential mount locations with large c-clamps and then rotate the blade by hand through the range of motion with the cylinder ports left open. That way you can 'try before you buy' on your mounting points.

2230 kubota

Equipment
2005 kubota 2230
Apr 2, 2023
sydney
I cobbled together hydraulic angle for my rear blade (RK brand) I use for snow removal. Disregard the circles and arrow. I can easily reverse blade by pulling the pin and replacing in the opposite side. I get about 45deg max angle each way. Let me know if you need more pictures or other info.
Regards
What type of control spool valve did you use? ( pics if available)

2230 kubota

Equipment
2005 kubota 2230
Apr 2, 2023
sydney
Thanks for pics , similar to what I want to do
Well, all the mounting points are going to depend on the blade and cylinder that you have. If you dont have the cylinder yet then you get to pick based more on what’s best rather than ‘what ya got’. In general i would say try to get a cylinder with a thick rod diameter because once its hydraulic, if you snag something really hard instead of bending the blade its going to try to bend your cylinder rod instead (at least, if you snag on the other side of the blade from the cyl). In general bigger is better because not only does it let you attach at greater distances from your center pivot (minimizes physical interference possibilities) but the larger volume of fluid held by a big cylinder will slow down the movement as well so you wont have to idle down or install restrictors etc to get it to slow down after the fact.

Can you weld thick enough metal to build the mounting points?
Yes

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us