hydraulic question on b7100 hst

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
I have a 1995 B7100hst and I have a kubota loader 1640A on it. I had to alter the sub frame to make this loader fit , but i got it cheap and it was well worth it. The control valve on the loader has been leaking through and the buckets uncurls, this has gotten worse and I have decided to replace the valve. All That to ask this.

Is this and open or closed system on this model (B7100) ? I know I need the power beyond because that is what is running my power steering.

I have a race car pump I was going to use for the power steering,but I could not bring myself to cut the side panel and hood to make that work. I had loaded the rear tires and I just added wheel weights. I know everyone likes pictures so I will include some.

Since I rambled on so I will repeat my question. Is this an open or closed hydraulic system?

mike

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Your tractor has an open center hydraulic system.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have a 1995 B7100hst and I have a kubota loader 1640A on it. I had to alter the sub frame to make this loader fit , but i got it cheap and it was well worth it. The control valve on the loader has been leaking through and the buckets uncurls, this has gotten worse and I have decided to replace the valve. All That to ask this.

Is this and open or closed system on this model (B7100) ? I know I need the power beyond because that is what is running my power steering.

I have a race car pump I was going to use for the power steering,but I could not bring myself to cut the side panel and hood to make that work. I had loaded the rear tires and I just added wheel weights. I know everyone likes pictures so I will include some.

Since I rambled on so I will repeat my question. Is this an open or closed hydraulic system?

mike
I see telescoping stabilizers on the 3 point- any chance of a closeup?

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Thanks Guys,
That what I thought but I wanted to be sure before I buy a new valve.

Hazelfarm, that link is a good explanation on open and close system.

mike

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Hodge, That is the best picture I have of them, I will try to get some more pictures of them. I made them about a year ago and they work pretty good , I thought about redoing them with better square tubing, but so far they have held up.
mike

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hodge, That is the best picture I have of them, I will try to get some more pictures of them. I made them about a year ago and they work pretty good , I thought about redoing them with better square tubing, but so far they have held up.
mike
I have a side business building them; let me know if I can share any knowledge or experience.

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
hodge,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with pictures. I have not gotten the chance to take any more , but I did enlarge the ones I posted early. I had seen some thing like these on a larger tractor and thought I would give them a try. I just made mine out of stuff I had on hand, thinking that if I liked them I would make them out of better tubeing latter. So far they have held up and worked out very well.
I enjoy making things to use with the tractor, I just made the brush bar you see in the previous pictures ( have not even painted it yet) I used it this weekend on seven big oaks I had to take down, man it works really good. I bought all the material at the scrap yard for 20 cents a pound, so total cost was about $10.00 plus about a dozen welding rods. The brush bar works so well I decided to make a tooth bar out of the same 1" 1/4 Rebar , I know it is not heated treated and won't hold up for ever. But if I get 2 to 5 years out of it for less than $10.00 and about three hours work, I will just make another one.
I made the hitch in the pictures and the wheel weight brackets. Boughts the weights at scrap yard, 20 cents a pound.

mike

Attachments