Hydraulic Problems on B748 Snowblower

hutch36m

Equipment
B7100
Sep 16, 2018
HOWELL
I had recently purchased a B748 snowblower for my 'new to me' B7100. I had decided to replace one of the hydraulic lines that led from the lever to the blower. Upon taking the line to my local dealer, he advised they looked like an oil-line, not a hydraulic line. I decided to leave the other 3 lines in hopes of getting through the winter season. Unfortunately, my blower/tractor had other plans as upon installing the new line and raising the blower, one of the other lines burst. At this point I decided to of course do all 3 as recommended.

I changed the hydraulic fluid as it was also milky, installed the new lines, let the machine warm up for 15 minutes or so, and I'm unable to raise or lower the blower. The 3-point is active, I have engaged/disengaged the directional control valve over a dozen times and still no gains. I have double checked fluid levels, but it just appears that I am not able to get fluid back into the blower.

I feel that there must be a simple fix that I am overlooking. Help?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Is there weight on the 3ph when you test it?

I'm having trouble envisioning the layout of the hoses. Is there just the one lift cylinder? Connected to the 3ph directional control valve under the seat, and controlled by the 3ph? With quick-connect couplings in the hose lines to the blower lift cylinder?

Perhaps one of the couplings is not fully engaged.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Assuming the 3/8" pressure line is attached to the selector valve, under the seat, and the 1/2" return line is plumbed to the adapter on the trans fill port. Then the selector valve must be rotated 180 deg. This will turn off the three point control. Also the three point up/down lever must be pushed forward (down). Otherwise no fluid flow to the blower control valve. Make sure the control valve is in float other wise the blower could lift or lower lifting the tractor and bottom out the cylinder at startup.
Sorry to hear about the hoses. Jeff.