Hydraulic problem l2800

Robertm

Equipment
L2800
Dec 26, 2012
Little rock, sr
First time here guys. I have an L2800. Don't use much and last used about 8 weeks ago-all worked fine. Went out today to deal with snow and have no hydraulics. Front end loader, 3 pt hitch neither one Also dont think power steering is working. No obvious leaks and I let it run about thirty minutes and still nothing. Fluid indicator looks fine with window full and small bubble near top. Have a dealer two miles away but can't even raise bucket or mower to get it there. Any help would be big time appreciated. Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
First thing that comes to mind would be to check the hyd lines where you loader hooks up. Try unhooking them and rehooking to make sure they are properly connected. If one has come loose even a little it will cause things not to work.

Robertm

Equipment
L2800
Dec 26, 2012
Little rock, sr
Thanks Bulldog -I will try that. We are in a hard winter here with lows in the teens and still no power from ice and snow. Did meet someone in a home depot who told me to start it and let it run at 2K rpm for about an hour to warm up transmission and fluid. Said sometimes hydraulics don't work in cold weather without warming up. I am warming it up now and have fingers crossed. Thanks for your response.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It will always pay you to let it warm up even in the summer. In cold weather I let mine idle at about 1200 - 1500 at least untill the heat hand starts climbing and in the summer I idle at 1200 for 5 or so minutes.

Keep us posted on your situation and good luck.

Robertm

Equipment
L2800
Dec 26, 2012
Little rock, sr
Hey bulldog-checked the fel lines and all was good. The fluid that seeped out was a little milky though making me think air. Before I posted my query I had seen an earlier thread that mentioned a hydraulic suction hose leak right in front of brake pedal. So I was mashing in and out squeezing on it while holding the fel control and it moved a little bit. Went to dealer got a new one $32 and even for novice like me it took 5 minutes to change it out and that totally fixed it. You coulda knocked me over with a spoon. In fact it works so much faster and 3ph raises even higher it makes me think it may have been showing signs of a leak before- but too dumb to recognize it. thanks for all your help and gotta tell you this forum is over the top cool. Happy new year-Bobby in little rock

Robertm

Equipment
L2800
Dec 26, 2012
Little rock, sr
Hey service dept Vic- thanks for advice I am going to do just that when this ice and snow are gone. VERY much appreciate the help.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Glad you got it going. I had thought about the suction hose but I always like to eliminate the easy stuff that doesn't require $$$ to fix whenever it's posible. Happy New Year.