Hydraulic oil leaking from spring plug.

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I have a L4701HST that is three years old, and it started leaking oil from the "spring pin plug" under the tractor.
Research showed that I may have burned the seal between engine and transmission requiring the tractor to be split.
Research also showed that this seems to be a common problem with Kubotas, and that some owners have had to have their tractors split several times during their ownership for this same problem.
In my case the seal may have burned when the hydraulic oil gets hot (common) during use. I was using a tree puller to remove HoneyLocust trees and was continuously using the forward/reverse while at the same time working the FEL to LIFT the trees and pull them out of the ground. As a lot of you know, the HoneyLocust has an immense root system and this required a LOT OF LIFTING to remove them.
In the process of removing these trees I noticed the smell of the hydraulic oil venting out from under the seat which meant the oil was getting hot and expanding.
Now the L4701HST does have an oil cooler in front of the radiator, but I am beginning to think that is not enough!
Some folks said that when their tractor was split they had installed DOUBLE SEALS in place of the ONE. But I don't see this as being a real solution to the problem. If one seal is getting hot then the other seal will eventually fail too.
Luckily, the tractor was still under the "internal drive train" warranty, but I am SURE that there will be some "additional charges" that I will be responsible for.
My question to you all is, "Have any of you experienced the same thing, AND, did you have a solution for the problem. Is there something I can add to improve the cooling of the oil?"
This was the reason for my buying the tractor, and in particular the HST model was because the loader was my primary use, and need, for a tractor.
Thanks in advance for your help.