Hydraulic hard lines, Soft Lines and Brakes B6000

azagel

Sep 25, 2018
Oregon city, OR
Good afternoon,

My inlaws have a B6000D that has been sitting for at least 14 years. I went to recover it with new tarps this week (they don't want to get rid of it) and noticed that most of the hydraulic soft lines were weathered, cracked, and downright nasty. After speaking to my mother in law, she stated that the hard lines were also bad, along with it needing new brakes and tires they just haven't had a reason to get the machine back up and running. My questions are below.

1. Where would I find replacement hydraulic hard lines? (I haven't been able to find them online)
2. Hydraulic soft lines can be fabricated but at an additional expense correct?
3. Are replacing brakes on this type of tractor a dealer required option or can someone DYI it?

Thanks for taking the time to read. I have included a few photos of the old worn out tractor.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Probably far from wore out, probably just suffering from neglect. At least it had some cover over the years!!

If you have the desire to work on something, have some metric wrenches, this would be a good project. Pretty simple little tractor. Just ask questions and post pictures.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The tractor has a Front End Loader. FEL.

Nice feature to have with many uses.

The bad lines shown all appear to be related to the FEL and a separate hydraulic pump (red) near the front left corner of the engine.

Before doing anything, get some different colored paint or paper labels so you can identify where each hose came from before removing it.

Many owners rely on memory or even photos and get hoses back on the wrong FEL valve port and then suffer lots of grief as they try and find what goes where.

Take some bigger photos so the overall condition of the tractor can be seen.

Take lines off one at a time and get it duplicated at a local hydraulic shop.

Dave