Hydraulic fluid for a L3450DT Wet clutch

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So i take it you got the clutch pack and you got it in and all together!

Any UDT or UDT compatible.

I use Mystik JT-5 and have had excellent results from it.
I have a GST, which has the same type of wet clutch in it, and using cheap fluid with them will give lousy performance.

Last edited:

Jerry Hartness

Equipment
L3450 Kubota
Sep 19, 2015
hampton ga
Yes No thanks to Kubota who sold me a complete Clutch Taht did not work I had to take it apart and change a shaft to get it to work . I will never DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN, EVIDENTLY THEY HAVE no INTEGRITY. Even the dealer out would not help. I worked for Cummins for 40myrs and I NEVER treated my customers That way. Believe me all the counties around that does business will no thta they are NOT concerned for them or what they need. I really appreciate your williness to help people out. Send me a message if you need any help with a cummins. Thanks.

Yeats5.0

Equipment
L3650
Jun 12, 2017
Greenwood, in
I have a l3650. The dealer is telling me $4000 for a new clutch. Did you pay any where near that? I'm not sure it's worth putting that much money in it, but haven't found any options either.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I have a l3650. The dealer is telling me $4000 for a new clutch. Did you pay any where near that? I'm not sure it's worth putting that much money in it, but haven't found any options either.
What are your clutch symptoms? Chatter? Slipping? Constant drag?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I had a wet clutch Kubota back in the early 90s. It was a pain. Back then, Kubota helped a lot. The thing never was right. Thankfully, I sold it to someone I didn't like.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I've had good luck with five Kubotas with wet clutch packs. No issues so far. Wet clutches are usually more durable than dry disks, but they can still be damaged by too much slipping and/or contaminated fluid.

Kubota Knerd

Equipment
L245DT
Jun 2, 2017
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Jerry H.
It sounds like you and I are dealing with the same Kubota Dealer. The shop here in Mesa, Arizona (Bingham Equipment) will not help unless I bring my tractor in to them (would take me a whole day from St. Johns) for them to work on, which I might do if they would be a little more helpful with the smaller things that I want to know how to do myself. But being the way they are, I would never consider taking it to them. In fact because of how difficult Kubota is to deal with I am considering swapping for a JD.
//

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I changed all mine over to Amsoil fluid @50 hrs and been fine ever since.

And a bad dealer almost made me change back to red tractors. Lucky for me I ran up on a little hole in the wall mom and pop dealer that has been nothing less than great to deal with.