hydraulic control valve (spool valve) for my kubota 1630

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am in need of a good used or new hydraulic control valve (spool valve) for my kubota 1630...any ideas ?
I have that loader and I know that valve well. Why are you replacing it?

There are many new valves on the market anywhere from $150 to $500+ depending on brand and features. If all you want is a drop in replacement here is a low cost Brand valve. It has float on one spool, regen on the other, and a better joystick so its a small upgrade. It also comes with a 90 degree power beyond sleeve and should be plug and play.

Brand Loader Valve

Last edited:

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
I had it rebuilt 25 years ago, and was told they get sloppy after being rebuilt one time. Do you agree..? I am 3rd owner of the tractor. I purchased this unit (see picture) but it has no instructions and we are worried the loader frame is going to be a mounting problem with a hose. I prefer to rebuild my OEM, Do you think it is wise..? Thank You for the reply

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I had it rebuilt 25 years ago, and was told they get sloppy after being rebuilt one time. Do you agree..? I am 3rd owner of the tractor. I purchased this unit (see picture) but it has no instructions and we are worried the loader frame is going to be a mounting problem with a hose. I prefer to rebuild my OEM, Do you think it is wise..? Thank You for the reply
Should be no problem with the frame.

These valves are not rebuildable. The only seals are on the ends of the spools where they enter and exit the body. When the fit between the body and spool opens up from wear they are done.

The original valve is not Kubota specific. It is a commodity valve that Kubota purchased for use on the loader. I have one of those Brand LV valves that I purchased as a replacement for the the original valve on my loader. Mainly because the joystick is so bad but its also starting to leak a bit internally.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
The Brand is a better valve and it is setup for what you need.

Dan
Thank You Dan
I returned the Amazon Valve (no problems) and purchased the Brand Valve.
My mechanic said the valve you recommended would work out fine.
Again Thank You, and Merry Christmas
Jim

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Love this LV (Loader Controller). Has a auto return if I try to curl the bucket too fast. My mechanic says it keeps the hydraulic pump from getting beat up...Float is easy to use...Better than my original just like OldHokie said.

lawrenre

Equipment
B7200HST
Nov 21, 2021
Granite Bay CA
Love this LV (Loader Controller). Has a auto return if I try to curl the bucket too fast. My mechanic says it keeps the hydraulic pump from getting beat up...Float is easy to use...Better than my original just like OldHokie said.
Do you have a photo of the brand loader valve connected and working on your 1630 loader?
I'm somewhat in the same boat looking to replace my LV on my B1630

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Hello, Let me shoot a video...if that does not work I will make a custom photo album...weather is bad right now, may be a day or two....will try a video first.

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
OK here we go...(I hope). I can explain if need be...my grammar sucks...lol This controller Rocks !! if you try to "curl" your bucket too fast it will dump it instead...my mechanic said it keeps the hyd. pump from being abused. Float is slapping it down all the way. Old Hokie recommended this little jewel Thank him. 3rd picture has numbered hyd lines.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

lawrenre

Equipment
B7200HST
Nov 21, 2021
Granite Bay CA
OK here we go...(I hope). I can explain if need be...my grammar sucks...lol This controller Rocks !! if you try to "curl" your bucket too fast it will dump it instead...my mechanic said it keeps the hyd. pump from being abused. Float is slapping it down all the way. Old Hokie recommended this little jewel Thank him. 3rd picture has numbered hyd lines.
How does the in and out connect?