Hydraulic Control Conversion

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Has anyone converted a twin stick controlled FEL to a joystick controller? It'd be for my 1976 L225DT. I'm wondering if my low flow pump would be even be sufficient to power both lift and curl of the FEL arms and bucket?

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Has anyone converted a twin stick controlled FEL to a joystick controller? It'd be for my 1976 L225DT. I'm wondering if my low flow pump would be even be sufficient to power both lift and curl of the FEL arms and bucket?
Can't you do that now blending the amount you pull or push on the twin sticks at the same time?

The joystick shouldn't require any more power from the hydraulics. It still has just two spools like the double lever one.

I'm guessing, but I think if you can get your hands on a dual spool joystick jump on it and convert.

Sorry if I don't understand and I'm getting this wrong.

Scott

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I have no problem operating the lift and tilt at the same time. Correction there - the Kubota has no problem, I still lack the co-ordination to do it smoothly.

This leads to another question - would the joystick have the 'float' capability used in the snow removal video here? Apparently you pull out on the joystick to get the bucket to float along the ground. It would be nice if the FEL could temporarily have a 'gravity down' like the 3 point. Would almost be worth getting a new control

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I have no problem operating the lift and tilt at the same time. Correction there - the Kubota has no problem, I still lack the co-ordination to do it smoothly.

This leads to another question - would the joystick have the 'float' capability used in the snow removal video here? Apparently you pull out on the joystick to get the bucket to float along the ground. It would be nice if the FEL could temporarily have a 'gravity down' like the 3 point. Would almost be worth getting a new control
Hi Stuart,
On my Kubota FEL the float is in the lower side.
Push forward for lower and in the same push give it a little more oomff. The stick goes into the float detente and holds until pulled back.

Scott