hydraulic bleed

Rigger Dave

Equipment
L3301
Nov 11, 2016
Camden, NC
I have a L3301HST. I left the bucket up off the ground the other day so i could take off my clamp on forks. Got distracted and didn't get it done. Came back the next day and the bucket was on the ground, forks laying flat. Thought that maybe i had accidentally hit the lever so I put it back up and left it again. Came back next day and same result. Looked at all the hoses and couldn't see any thing that looked like it was leaking. Any ideas at what i should look at? Loader works fine, but worried something may be failing internally.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I have a L3301HST. I left the bucket up off the ground the other day so i could take off my clamp on forks. Got distracted and didn't get it done. Came back the next day and the bucket was on the ground, forks laying flat. Thought that maybe i had accidentally hit the lever so I put it back up and left it again. Came back next day and same result. Looked at all the hoses and couldn't see any thing that looked like it was leaking. Any ideas at what i should look at? Loader works fine, but worried something may be failing internally.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Your control valve is getting worn. Unless it's hindering your actual use, I wouldn't worry about it. Now if you have to be constantly bumping the joystick to keep the loader raised while working, then it should be dealt with, otherwise I would not worry about it.;)

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
It is normal for the loader to settle over time as the spools in the valve are not a positive seal, they are metal to metal. It is impossible for the loader to stay up overnight.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
2 inches per hour measured at the cylinder is the limit. If more than that, there's an issue. If less, run it.