Hyd ram on my B6000 loader

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
My newly acquired B6000 has a front loader. Today the rubber on the seal on one of the loader rams buldged out. Its spewing fluid. Looks like I could just take a flat edge and push it back in but no such luck. I cant find any id numbers on the loader frame to search for parts.

How difficult is it to rebuild or just replace the seal.

The previous owner told me the rear axle seal on the left side is leaking and needs to be replaced too. I have done this on my jeep before. Is this process similiar to a auto.

New guy to the forum so looking forward to any info

Thanks

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
A seal on a hydraulic cylinder is not hard to replace. You will need to disassemble the cylinder then take all of the parts with you to a hydraulic shop. They will be able to match the seals. Another suggestion would be to simply remove the cylinder from the loader and take it complete to the hydraulic shop. They can rebuild it for you.

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
in all likelihood the old seals are just plain worn out.

As an afterthought, you could remove the ram, (it will get messy) measre the length fully extended, and fully retracted. accurately measure the OD of the tube, and the OD of the shaft.

You can look up hydraulic cylinders on the net. it costs around 125 to 180 bucks for the big ones, and 80 to 120 for the small ones.

You just have to make sure to get the correct sized ends and pin size to swap out on the tractor.

My rams are leaking too. I have been putting it off replacing since they are OLD. But having a FEL is sure handy.

At least look up the price of a new one, to compare to what a rebuild would cost. If yours is like mine, the chrome is partially gone, pitted and rusty which doesn't help the seals either. And re chroming the pistons will equal buying a new one.

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
I jumped into it today. It was quite simple process. Remove the top part of the ram body (just screws off). After the cap is unscrewed the entire ram arm and cap came out as one. Took a light tap to move the cap off the ram arm. All the seals are on the ram cap. I counted 1 O-ring, 1 outter seal and looks like 2 inside the cap and what looks like a sleeve (not sure). The outter seal has the id HALLITE HI 520-1.500.

Going to do some research to find this set of seals.

Also found some ID numbers on the loader BDL 6000 262

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
I took the top collar peice with the seals up to a shop in Nashville. They pulled them out measured them and got me a new set. These are much heavier material than the ones than came out.

Its all back together working like a champ!