hyd problems L 245 dt

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
i changed everything new filter fluid 303 hyd and new pump all did good for 2 hours then lift stopped working. let it set over night and now works again for about 1to 2 hours then stopped again. I just saw a video that said i should use 80 or 90 weight oil? can some one tell me what to do? Also the fluid looks like it has water milkie looking is it foaming to much? Thanks

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello

What type of work are you doing? Do you have a front loader that is running off the tractor hydraulics?Why did you change the pump? What do you have on the three point? The filter in the bottom of the transmission is new? After running for a hour is the transmission case to hot to touch?Do you think you see water in the oil or air.Let us know.

Thanks Lance

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My thought would be the hose clamps on the piece of hose for the suction side of the hydraulics. Once it warms up, it expands and starts sucking air. Pin hole in the hose could cause it also.

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
Ok sorry have triplets home they are handful. replaced the pump cause when i got the tractor used the guy i got it from said he rebuilt it lol if he did he owns two tools a hammer and chisel. it was beat all to Hades. now i can not see how water could got in cause i keep in barn so it is covered so i saying air. i put 303 udt from tractor supply in it but watched a video and the guy said i should use 80 or 90 weight. i do not have a front end loader and was using a small set of disk harrows. i see where one said it can suck air is the only place it can suck air is the supply line going to the pump? Thanks again and yes the filter is new.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok sorry have triplets home they are handful. replaced the pump cause when i got the tractor used the guy i got it from said he rebuilt it lol if he did he owns two tools a hammer and chisel. it was beat all to Hades. now i can not see how water could got in cause i keep in barn so it is covered so i saying air. i put 303 udt from tractor supply in it but watched a video and the guy said i should use 80 or 90 weight. i do not have a front end loader and was using a small set of disk harrows. i see where one said it can suck air is the only place it can suck air is the supply line going to the pump? Thanks again and yes the filter is new.
First I don't think 303 is actually UDT, but in your case it really doesn't matter either way, you could run just about anything in it and it would work.
If it was an old pump I would worry the pump is wore out and the thinner fluid is getting by it, but being that it's a new pump that shouldn't be an issue, check all the fittings and hoses on the suction line (large line is suction) it most likely will not leak fluid from a leaking suction fitting or bad hose, so look and check for tightness, condition and seeping leaks (wet or dust / dirt covered spots).

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
Thank you im checking to see so when i get back at it ill let you know hope it is fixed.

First I don't think 303 is actually UDT, but in your case it really doesn't matter either way, you could run just about anything in it and it would work.
If it was an old pump I would worry the pump is wore out and the thinner fluid is getting by it, but being that it's a new pump that shouldn't be an issue, check all the fittings and hoses on the suction line (large line is suction) it most likely will not leak fluid from a leaking suction fitting or bad hose, so look and check for tightness, condition and seeping leaks (wet or dust / dirt covered spots).

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You might take the pump back off to see if it rotates freely.
Since it worked for a while and stopped it seems like the pump may not be engaged with the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk