Husco loader valve

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi.
I have a loader on a new Kubota M108s that has regen on the bucket cylinders. This doesn't work well with a large bucket and grapple, because it is difficult to lower the bucket smoothly. Does anyone know what part to order and from whom to get a valve without regen? I know it will dump slower but in this application slower is better!
Thanks!
Ed Service

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Three options come to mind.

1: Install a variable flow regulator on the roll cylinder lines to slow down operation, could have a electrical bypass to allow for fast operation.

2: Because it is a stacked block valve you could replace the roll section with a lift section and eliminate the detent, that would eliminate the regen and fast roll thus giving you smoother control.

3: Get a hold of Husco directly and find out if they make a block that is not regen equipped.

http://www.huscointl.com/?page_id=744&lang=en

If you can get #'s off the valves I might be able to give you the proper block number, I believe they are using either 5000, or 6000 series blocks.

Also just to make sure I'm giving you good info, What model number is the loader, as the loader valves are listed with the loader not the tractor.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Loader is LA1403, standard valve ( not self-leveling) I think they are 5000 series valves. The spool on the boom section is much longer than the bucket section making a boom valve impractical.

fendley

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SVL65-2
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
Three options come to mind.

1: Install a variable flow regulator on the roll cylinder lines to slow down operation, could have a electrical bypass to allow for fast operation.

2: Because it is a stacked block valve you could replace the roll section with a lift section and eliminate the detent, that would eliminate the regen and fast roll thus giving you smoother control.

3: Get a hold of Husco directly and find out if they make a block that is not regen equipped.

http://www.huscointl.com/?page_id=744&lang=en

If you can get #'s off the valves I might be able to give you the proper block number, I believe they are using either 5000, or 6000 series blocks.

Also just to make sure I'm giving you good info, What model number is the loader, as the loader valves are listed with the loader not the tractor.
North Idaho Wolfman, Is there a primer on the web for tractor hydraulics? I am familiar with hydraulics in general, but I would like to read up on the terminology when it comes to tractors. Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Loader is LA1403, standard valve ( not self-leveling) I think they are 5000 series valves. The spool on the boom section is much longer than the bucket section making a boom valve impractical.
While they look longer, the actual valve is the same length (in yellow) it's just the detent is added (blue), if you removed the detent, and used the end of the old section (red), it would be the same as the original regen valve.

Now in rethinking it, I'm thinking that the spool out of the lift could give you a very undesirable result, uncontrolled fast dump as the float section of the valve would leave the spool in a wide open state with moving the control too far.

So best bet would be to get a hold of Husco as they have 5000 series without regen, and they could give you the right valve #.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
North Idaho Wolfman, Is there a primer on the web for tractor hydraulics? I am familiar with hydraulics in general, but I would like to read up on the terminology when it comes to tractors. Thanks in advance.
I have never found a good book or read on hydraulics, most of what I know I've learned working on them.

Hydraulic systems evolve constantly and what was true one one system and one model may or may not be true on another.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The boom valve spool IS longer. I have both here on the bench. If it would work I could adjust the linkage so it doesn't go into float, But it won't work without a lot of modification. I have resolved this in the past by using a valve from a Ghel skid-loader when we were a Ghel dealer, those days are past since Kubota now have skid-loaders themselves! I was hoping someone was savy to a valve from another Kubota product that would work! If I restrict the flow it makes the rollback much to slow and still isn't very smooth.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks just the same though! I find husco a very difficult company to get information out of!