hst pedal sticking

jake044

Equipment
l2800, front bucket, back hoe
Apr 21, 2021
Higganum Ct
Hst pedal sticks going forward (L2800). It's ok for about ten minutes after being lubed. Lithium lube lasts longer than regular grease. Has been this way from day one. Any solutions to this?

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
Does it only stick in forward, what about reverse? To unstick it, I assume you need to step on reverse. Be careful if someone other than yourself drives the tractor, until this issue is resolved. Is there any other linkage or components which could cause the sticking. If lubricating the exterior components helps then that should eliminate the transmission. Are you certain that the lithium is penetrating into the pivot points. Consider cleaning very good and try some Kroil, Mouse Milk, PB Blaster or any thin penetrant.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Check the linkages - as Motion mentioned.... something is binding or not greasing well

jake044

Equipment
Apr 21, 2021
Higganum Ct
Does it only stick in forward, what about reverse? To unstick it, I assume you need to step on reverse. Be careful if someone other than yourself drives the tractor, until this issue is resolved. Is there any other linkage or components which could cause the sticking. If lubricating the exterior components helps then that should eliminate the transmission. Are you certain that the lithium is penetrating into the pivot points. Consider cleaning very good and try some Kroil, Mouse Milk, PB Blaster or any thin penetrant.
Thank you for the quick reply!
Only sticks in forward. Don't have to do reverse to unstick. It releases under pressure but no way to gently move forward. Couldn't see any other linkage that may cause it. Sprayed all connections I saw with silicone. I will try the cleaning and regrease it.

Thanks again

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Do you have a mmm? I have issues with the linkage binding on my B1700 if I don’t have the mower lowered enough

jake044

Equipment
Apr 21, 2021
Higganum Ct
Do you have a mmm? I have issues with the linkage binding on my B1700 if I don’t have the mower lowered enough
Rookie here, I'm assuming mmm is mid mount mower. If my assumption is correct, I don't have one. Actually, even if my assumption is wrong, I don't have one.

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Rookie here, I'm assuming mmm is mid mount mower. If my assumption is correct, I don't have one. Actually, even if my assumption is wrong, I don't have one.
Sorry. Yes, mid mounted mower.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
That tractors HST pedal has a damper cylinder (with corrugated rubber cover). I have replaced those to great success. It could have been faulty when new.

Outdrz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 525 Loader, 2060 Cutter, EA Toothbar, EA Box Blade, JD Disc and more
Feb 20, 2021
Ohio
Hst pedal sticks going forward (L2800). It's ok for about ten minutes after being lubed. Lithium lube lasts longer than regular grease. Has been this way from day one. Any solutions to this?
Sounds like you're just bragging that you got the "poor man's cruise control option"... 😉🤣

Some of us might want to re-create that "problem".... (joking, ofc)

jake044

Equipment
Apr 21, 2021
Higganum Ct
That tractors HST pedal has a damper cylinder (with corrugated rubber cover). I have replaced those to great success. It could have been faulty when new.
Thanks rentthis, I don't recall seeing one, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Will do a closer inspection.

jake044

Equipment
Apr 21, 2021
Higganum Ct
Thanks to all who replied. I found pivot points, hidden under sheet metal, next to the parking brake lever. Been hitting it with silicone. Getting better with each application. My poor buddy went ten years with no lube there. No wonder he argued with me about moving'