Howdy from Cheyenne Wyoming

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I agree with all of the comments here. Too much money for too old a unit with the wrong tires and no quick attach bucket. I am not sure if Kubota is offering cheap financing but that is also worth considering when looking at (new )tractors. I purchased a new B2601 because the used were overpriced 2 years ago. Might still be the case. You also get a warranty when buying new. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I love my 2501.

You won't be sorry that you got the SSQA bucket, thats for sure.

I can't comment intelligently on constant snow removal, I have a plow on my truck; However, I did use the

bucket to scrape out a path once or twice up at my cottage, and it worked OK'ish

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming
I love my 2501.

You won't be sorry that you got the SSQA bucket, thats for sure.

I can't comment intelligently on constant snow removal, I have a plow on my truck; However, I did use the

bucket to scrape out a path once or twice up at my cottage, and it worked OK'ish
The SSQA has been worth its weight in gold with all of the attachments that are available to cheaply rent. 100% cannot recommend it enough.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The SSQA has been worth its weight in gold with all of the attachments that are available to cheaply rent. 100% cannot recommend it enough.
If you are 3rd function equipped, and renting hydraulic powered tools, you run the risk of quickly contaminating your entire hydraulic system.

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Bob,
I too recommend you look at a L2501/2502. If your budget is a hard $25k, can you put a good portion of that down a do a small financing amount?

I find the 2501 is the best compromise between size and power. My next tractor will be a much larger cabbed machine but the 2501 will always have a place in my barn.

And also don't buy too small - I am dealing with a piece of equipment now, that by buying it too small and trying to make it fit my needs, I'm out at least $5k and to replace it costs another $10k over what it did when I should have bought the right tool the first time.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
Got my

Got my L2501 4wd HST from Cheyenne Kubota a little over 1 year ago with R4’s, QA bucket/loader, and a QH15 quick hitch for about 24k. Purchased An RCR1260 rotary cutter from Wickham tractor in Fort Collins for another 2100.

I think you could pretty handily get what you’re looking for right around that 25-26 mark if you go used on the implements, or just go the 0% 60mo financing option for the tractor like I did
When you went through Cheyenne Kubota on your L2501what kind of fees were involved in addition to tax? I assume you had to order it. Is there a way to send PMs on this forum?

SmilingBob

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
When you went through Cheyenne Kubota on your L2501what kind of fees were involved in addition to tax? I assume you had to order it. Is there a way to send PMs on this forum?

SmilingBob
Bob - - if you put your cursor over a person's initial or picture for their name, a box with their location, profile and information should pop up.

At the bottom of that there's a button that says "Start Conversation."

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Bob,
I too recommend you look at a L2501/2502. If your budget is a hard $25k, can you put a good portion of that down a do a small financing amount?

I find the 2501 is the best compromise between size and power. My next tractor will be a much larger cabbed machine but the 2501 will always have a place in my barn.

And also don't buy too small - I am dealing with a piece of equipment now, that by buying it too small and trying to make it fit my needs, I'm out at least $5k and to replace it costs another $10k over what it did when I should have bought the right tool the first time.
Sadly,..... this an OLD story often replayed here on OTT

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

SmilingBob
Yes....upper right screen corner....click on.... ENVELOPE

Trash Panda

Equipment
L2501
Feb 18, 2022
Wyoming

SmilingBob
I’d be lying if I said I had any sort of idea what taxes or fees looked like.

I did order the unit, and purchased it through Kubota Credit USA. Calculated the payment for 0/60 financing with KTAC insurance, and I walked out the door with nothing out of pocket. 2 months later, a brand new L2501 was dropped off in my driveway.

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
With Kubota offering 0% financing, there’s really no good reason to spend your cash either. I abhor debt but, the discount for cash on my L2501 was only $800. I went with Kubota’s financing instead. Put your $25k in a high yield saving account. Even paying taxes on the interest, you’re still a couple of thousand ahead.

Also, fwiw, I went through a similar exercise in June. I ended up with the L2501, an LA526 loader, the RCR1860 rotary cutter and a BB1260 for a shade over $26k. Don’t tell MrsK7G…my budget was $25k also, mkay?

I just added a disc harrow from Everythingattachments.com and there’s a grill insert from Homestead headed to me next week. I used a 10% military discount that Homestead offer to vets for the grill insert.

I’ve got a kayak up for sale and once it’s gone, I’ll either add a lean-to to my shop or buy a grapple/third function. The lean-to will likely win out. I want to keep the implements under cover and the lean-to would be easy to build and provide that cover.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
With Kubota offering 0% financing, there’s really no good reason to spend your cash either. I abhor debt but, the discount for cash on my L2501 was only $800. I went with Kubota’s financing instead. Put your $25k in a high yield saving account. Even paying taxes on the interest, you’re still a couple of thousand ahead.

Also, fwiw, I went through a similar exercise in June. I ended up with the L2501, an LA526 loader, the RCR1860 rotary cutter and a BB1260 for a shade over $26k. Don’t tell MrsK7G…my budget was $25k also, mkay?

I just added a disc harrow from Everythingattachments.com and there’s a grill insert from Homestead headed to me next week. I used a 10% military discount that Homestead offer to vets for the grill insert.

I’ve got a kayak up for sale and once it’s gone, I’ll either add a lean-to to my shop or buy a grapple/third function. The lean-to will likely win out. I want to keep the implements under cover and the lean-to would be easy to build and provide that cover.
K7G,
Found the Build My Kubota tab on kubotausa.com went to the L2501 section to input the stuff I want. they list the following packages:
L2501HST - 4WD TRACTOR W/HST & FOLDABLE ROPS
L2501DT - 4WD TRACTOR W/FOLDABLE ROPS
L2501F - 2WD TRACTOR W/FOLDABLE ROPS

What package L2501 did you get? Still contemplating 0 interest route. in addition to tax there will be shipping; handling, surcharges, assembly charges, destination, freight and/or delivery charges what kind of cost could I be expecting?

SmilingBob

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The
K7G,
Found the Build My Kubota tab on kubotausa.com went to the L2501 section to input the stuff I want. they list the following packages:
L2501HST - 4WD TRACTOR W/HST & FOLDABLE ROPS
L2501DT - 4WD TRACTOR W/FOLDABLE ROPS
L2501F - 2WD TRACTOR W/FOLDABLE ROPS

What package L2501 did you get?

SmilingBob
The first model is the most popular and the last model would have limited use or resale ability.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Looks like the crew has you pointed the right direction. A small L with 4WD, HST, R14s with a SSQA on the FEL. Just be sure you don’t need a mid mount PTO, which from your description of the work you want to do, doesn’t sound like you will.

The 0% financing is real attractive. I bought both of my Kubotas with it. Just know you have to carry insurance on the tractor during the finance period. Kubota’s insurance offering might not be the most cost effective. You might check with your home owners insurance ahead of time to avoid and surprises. Enjoy the hunt.

SmilingBob

Aug 20, 2023
Cheyenne Wyoming
So what I have learned so far is a L2501 is a real compact utility tractor while a B2601 is a glorified garden tractor with a 3 point hitch.

SmilingBob

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
So what I have learned so far is a L2501 is a real compact utility tractor while a B2601 is a glorified garden tractor with a 3 point hitch.

SmilingBob
Lol. Well Bob, there are folks here with BXs that might not agree with that assessment.

I bought my B so I’d have a 4WD lawnmower that could handle cutting ground that isn’t a lawn. The B2601 is fine for what it is. Different folks have different needs, that’s why Kubota sells about 7 or 8 different lines of tractor, with 4 of them being compacts or smaller (the Ls and smaller).

Last edited:

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area

SmilingBob
I wouldn't quite go that far. Each model is a stepping stone and has its own features and benefits. The b2601 is a bit smaller but has more creature comforts in exchange. Similar to the lx2610 which is the same size and shares the capability of the l2501 but is lighter and again has more creature comforts. The l2501 is very basic but larger and heavier. It lacks a mid pto, cruise, or some of the ergonomic features of the "premium" models in exchange for its larger frame and utility to keep the price down.

If anything the BX would be closer to a garden tractor, but unlike a garden tractor it has 4wd, hydraulics, and a weight increase that allow for a light duty loader and a 3ph which make it a much more capable of a machine.

The reason everyone is pointing you to the l2501 is because of your price point and land size. A smaller property would greatly benefit from the smaller tractors but you have enough land to justify it. Plus it is the largest tractor that fits within your budget. The biggest regret of most first time tractor buyers is not having enough machine for what they had intended.

As a side note I went with the lx2610, with the same amount of land as you and many of the same intended task. The only difference between it and the l2501 is the premium like cruise, seat, loader controls, and mid pto while being just a bit lighter. However it is more money. Just an FYI if you plan on buying more acerage in the future id consider financing a larger machine yet.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Go for the "lean- to" ASAP!
The grapple /third function will likely cost way more (it is worth it), but protecting Kubotas from the elements is most important....... unless you like faded paint.