How to remove the drive shaft?

M9540Kai

Equipment
M9540
Mar 30, 2021
Germany
Dear Community,

writing you from germany - so please excuse if my english from school does not fit the highest demands.
In germany there are only a small number of Kubotas running compared to other brands - thats why it was not possible for me to find a dealer/service point providing an answer to my „special“ question:

Does anyone know (for sure;-) if it is possible to remove (replace) the drive shaft without unmounting all stages of gearbox/transmission?

To make it clear what i am asking for - i attached a drawing. For me it is not a big deal to disassemble the „front part“(fig 0103xx). This can be done without removing the cabin.
But is it then possible do replace the drive shaft? Because if i pull it out - i think the marked parts will „fall“ down without a chance to put the new shaft in correctly. Or is it possible to bring the marked parts back on the new shaft via the opening of the shuttle gear case or from the outside via the shift cover opening?

Best regards,
Benedikt
1CF21F6C-4B0B-4DF1-BC5E-A20E20E5ECF7.jpeg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No sorry you'll have to do a full split, that shaft only comes out the back as shown in the directional arrows.