How to fix fuel leak on top of fuel injection pump

plumber mechanic

Equipment
Kubota B8200 with rc60-82h mower deck
Sep 18, 2023
I have a fuel leak where the three fuel line adapters connect to the top of fuel injector pump on my Kubota B8200. I tried to tighten the fuel line nuts above the adapters and none seemed loose. However this must have disturbed the adapters below and I can now see the adapters connected to the top of the pump are the real culprits as to what was leaking and I must have made the leak worse. Are those adapters threaded and can I take them all out and re-do them? Do they need special torqueing? If so, what do you put on the threads.....pipe dope, teflon tape, or something special? I am aware I'll have to bleed the fuel system when done. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That is a delivery valve on the pump. There are some gaskets and o-rings involved in sealing it.

See the illustrated parts list for the engine at:

I don’t think the injection pump is something that the average person will be able to repair. I recommend you take it to a repair shop to repair the pump.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
DO NOT USE any sealing compounds or tapes, you will ruin the pump!

On that model you can do it if your very careful.
Clean the top of injection pump with brake parts cleaner and let it dry!
Hold the delivery holder (yellow) and remove three line nut, you will need to both ends, to get it out of the way DO NOT bend the lines.
Loosen the delivery valve holder (yellow) and remove ONLY the delivery valve holder and the oring and the spring, then you will need to fish out the copper sealing washer, replace the copper sealing washer ( where the leak really starts) the O-ring and tighten them to spec in the WSM, (aka service manual).
Replace the fuel lines leaving them loose at the injector side to bleed the air out of the lines.
1697857276609.png

plumber mechanic

Equipment
Kubota B8200 with rc60-82h mower deck
Sep 18, 2023
DO NOT USE any sealing compounds or tapes, you will ruin the pump!

On that model you can do it if your very careful.
Clean the top of injection pump with brake parts cleaner and let it dry!
Hold the delivery holder (yellow) and remove three line nut, you will need to both ends, to get it out of the way DO NOT bend the lines.
Loosen the delivery valve holder (yellow) and remove ONLY the delivery valve holder and the oring and the spring, then you will need to fish out the copper sealing washer, replace the copper sealing washer ( where the leak really starts) the O-ring and tighten them to spec in the WSM, (aka service manual).
Replace the fuel lines leaving them loose at the injector side to bleed the air out of the lines.
View attachment 114305
Thanks Wolfman for the info and I follow what you are saying. I think I might try to give it a shot as those parts are available at the local kubota tractor dealer. You mentioned to tighten the Delivery Holder to spec in the WSM (service manual). Can you tell me what that is as I do not have a service manual???