How do you guys go about pricing? Where to buy?

Scranton

Equipment
Just looking
Apr 1, 2014
Dunmore
Ok so I'm moving into a new to me house at the end of may and I'm going to need something orange;) I have about 3 acres. About 1.25 is lawn some trees, fairly level. The rest is woods going up a hill side, not what I would call steep maybe a 30 degree slope at the steepest part.
My main use will be mowing with a decent amount of FEL work and the possibility of adding a snowblower if I don't like how the FEL handles snow for me.

The driveway is currently gravel so the possibility of a box blade is high.

I'm considering a bx2370 (most likely given the price point)
with a FEL and a 60"MMM

I'm toying with the possibility of a bx25 I'd love the backhoe but I'm not sure its worth the money to me (My brother in law has a Lseries with backhoe and he lives literally up the road) I don't know if I'd get the moneys worth out of it when I can borrrow/ask for his help with digging holes and trenches.

I've looked at a B series but I'm thinking it is more tractor than I need on this property.

Anyways... I'm looking for how people get the best prices on their kubotas?
I've read a lot about Barlows in KY being a great place but I'd rather stay closer to home if possible. I live in North East Pennsylvania (Scranton)
Does anyone know a great dealer within reasonable driving distance?
How do you find the best prices and then get it matched close by?

Thanks in advance for all of your help

Jeffc

Apr 6, 2014
Pa
You can try C.H Waltz. I'm not personally familiar, but an acquaintance of mine bought an L3200 with loader and backhoe and seemed to like them. I gave them a chance, but they did not have the machine on the lot and were not competitive on price. They have 3 locations, one may be near you.

Btw, if you're price conscious, you can buy out of state to get the best deal. Just be aware of exactly what you're doing.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
If you plan to buy local and have a long term relationship with the dealer. Sometimes the price isn't as big as a concern as dealer support after the sale is. I hear about it all to often on here from others buying local from a dealer who isn't worth a fart for customer service after the sale.

In the event something should happen during the warranty period the dealer you save a few bucks on may not step up to the plate and carry out the repairs without giving you a bunch of grief about it. Resulting on you having to contact Kubota Corporate to get the job done.

Sometimes saving a few bucks isn't worth it if the dealer is not willing to take care of you after the sale with parts and service. I'd absolutely pay extra knowing a dealer stands behind the sale and goes out of their way to see to it your needs are met.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
F & S in Dickson City and Marshall's in Honesdale both quoted about ten percent off of list price. Barlow's was way more competitive, and delivered the machine right to the house, with nothing more than a few emails and a phone call. I searched and researched for two years before buying, and I'm happy with Barlow's. I have other equipment and can do most service myself, so having a local dealer isn't too important to me.
I would likely have went with Messick's, their quote was acceptable, but the salesman didn't return my email when I had a question. Brady Barlow called me while he was on vacation, that's the guy I'm going to spend my money with. As always, your mileage may vary😋

Good luck with your purchase.

Jerry

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Nothing wrong with asking all dealers within a few hundred miles for their price on the same thing. Then, no matter what, you will get the service you want from the locals since they probably will not have the same guys doing service as those selling. I have never had trouble this way.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Tried checking Barlows last fall, figured maybe looking someone might talk with me, but they did not sadly. Plus driving for me is 3 hours away. Checked Davis in Ashland ky and spoke with the president about models. Asked for a quote with the Mmm, machine and FEL. Granted was the bx1820 I think but for price quote and prices on Craigslist for older models, might be best to take look at BX25D and add mower and delivery price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Scranton

Equipment
Just looking
Apr 1, 2014
Dunmore
So I got a quote, Let me know what you guys think

BX25D
12 in Bucket
60 in Mower
Mechanical Thumb
3pt Hitch

19,425 not including tax, UCC fee, Insurance

Additional set of tires mounted - 350
Snow Blower - 3180

Let me know how this compares

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So I got a quote, Let me know what you guys think

BX25D
12 in Bucket
60 in Mower
Mechanical Thumb
3pt Hitch

19,425 not including tax, UCC fee, Insurance

Additional set of tires mounted - 350
Snow Blower - 3180

Let me know how this compares
sounds like a hellva deal,
bought mine, no thumb, but R4 tires filled, brought to my house for under 20,000 so you done more gooder! o and i got a reaaal nice hat !