How do you deal with snow?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks. Just thought many people don't get to see that kind of equipment.

Currently running a 2013 Western Star 4900. But I'm really an International guy. I just tried a new International HX and it is an awesome truck.

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks. Just thought many people don't get to see that kind of equipment.

Currently running a 2013 Western Star 4900. But I'm really an International guy. I just tried a new International HX and it is an awesome truck.
Agree with you on the internationals, great truck well at least when I was driving them but that was way back.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I also thought about getting the 12' dump bed trailer out of it's winter home, so I could haul the removed snow out to the country road, which I'm at the end of. But it's building, like the excavator, was also snowed in, and by the time I got it cleared the need for it was past. Yeah, the wind is the killer here, 25 to 30 plus for 3 days straight, and nights. My closet neighbor who uses a 3/4 ton picked with chains on all fours, and a V blade/adjustable plow up front, got overwhelmed also, and hired a local with a D-5 Cat to clear his road.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Apparently, some people go into denial:

(not my photo -- taken in North Bay, courtesy of the Weather Network photo gallery.)

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
My neighbor had a little problem starting his S. Blower...

I told him give it more choke ....

He wasn’t amused... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
bear - I'd send you at set if a had them! :) (Hmm...Maybe that could be a side business along with my chicken wing sauce when I retire.....):D

Geez this cold/snow/ice/warm/rain/repeat stuff is tough to deal with... Seems I've been digging in all winter long; only had a decent base once or twice. Without the extended shoe bases I made, and the liners, not sure how much I would have been able to use the blower this season.

Thought for sure they'd rip off first time out. Should have painted them orange so I'd see 'em in the driveway! Only 1/2" and countersunk, so not much material there...but this stuff is TOUGH!

My liners only have 2 mounting points, so they can be reversed.

I don't recall the members that were familiar with the stuff, but they gave me many pointers and said they'd work, and so far, they have!!! :cool:

After the season I'll go back to that thread and update with a report.
Sorry RCW I missed your reply, been too darn busy lately. I believe where you're having your success with the new shoes is yours are rear mounted where as mine were on both sides. Anyway when it warms up I'll give it another go, this time I'm gonna build the same mounts that you have and hopefully have more luck.

Sounds like your having the same weather we're having. We had a pretty good wind and snow storm here last week then 2 days later it couldn't have rained any harder so it's back to bare gravel and grass for now.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Only got 2" of the fluffy stuff. But I'm still digging the snow pusher.

It's nice not chasing windrows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Only got 2" of the fluffy stuff. But I'm still digging the snow pusher.

It's nice not chasing windrows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Isn't there a song about that, God bless the pusher man. Thanks eipo for buying that, this is the best winter yet. :D:D

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
SRG,

Finally got the majority of it painted, some 1" plastic on the skids, and a chance to use it last nite.

About 3" of wet snow that had some rain and freezing rain on top of it. No issues loading the box full and pushing into a pile. The nature of the snow did cause the skids to want to ride up on top of the snow, but I attribute that to the snow being excellent snowball making snow and I'm using HDPE on the skids. Which is extremely slick on ice or when wet.

The lower gussets collected no snow, which I was surprised at because of the packability of the snow.

All in all, I'm pleased... I likely cut my plow time in half not having to chase windrows and doing the majority of plowing going forward.

I can forward you the fabricators contact info if you like.
Looking at your pictures, it appears to be working out pretty good!
Happy to see that tiny machine could push that box, that was just not proportionate to it. :rolleyes: lol.
Post of some video, or action shots next snow you get.

Id be interested in the guys info, if I were closer. Plus we're late in this season anyway, so if i buy a push box, it won't be until next year now.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
The weatherman said 4-7 inches....got about 2 which the sun cleared the drive for me yesterday. Even at 20 degrees temperature, the Sun angle is high enough now that it works pretty well... I just wish that the moisture count would be better as our seasonal total is only 11 inches, about half of normal. Hope the snow in the mountains can fill the reservoirs.

etiturcotte

Equipment
BX2380, LA344, K51-20-06, RCK60-27B.
Jan 19, 2019
Canada
I use my BX2380 with a handmade cab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sweet!! Nice job on the cab, did you build that yourself. That's one heck of a first post, welcome to the forum, enjoy