How do you deal with snow?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
So far, no. Since the front blade sits so far out from the front of the tractor, and can raise so high, it's easy to push piles back or even off the side of a hill. The front bucket would only be necessary if I need to take snow from one place and move it a distance away.

By the way, no need to treat that other fellow like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Mister, your a stand up guy and you'll fit in well here.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
We have 8-10 coming on Monday and I just took the plow off and put the bale forks on. Oh well, guess I'll be putting the plow back on.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
First year with the BX
It sure helped with the hard-to-reach places

I can’t get to with my snowplow.

Next year I will definitely take the mower deck off in the fall.

Did a great job though

We got about 13 inches last night.

Colder than a witches broomstick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
GO AWAY, Love it

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Guess the pallet forks come off and the plow goes back on tomorrow. 8-10 inches here on Monday afternoon. Getting a good workout already this winter.....:)

Attachments

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I have a 9'2 BossVXT Vplow on an Ford F350 6.7 PS. Best plow settup around for power, weight and reliability. If I had to snowblow or be outside of a warm cab to move snow I would want one of these:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have a 9'2 BossVXT Vplow on an Ford F350 6.7 PS. Best plow settup around for power, weight and reliability. If I had to snowblow or be outside of a warm cab to move snow I would want one of these:

Still has one big issue.... NO CAB = snow dust. Only in Canada...eh?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice setup you've got there. What size blade? Might just be the angle those pictures of mine were taken from, but the blade is actually pretty big

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Mine is 10 feet wide. I think if I ever went with chains they would be on the front wheels, not the rear wheels. So far, no need other than the plow does steer me a bit when hitting 4 foot drifts at speed with the plow angled over.. I plow in 3rd on the high side or about 16 mph.

10 feet seems to be a good road combo. 3 swipes on the road and it's done. One down the middle (angled windward) and one each side. Driveways are a little tough. Plow is wider than the drive

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
We rarely get snow dumps deep enough to warrent me using my blower so I have been using by bucket. Anything less than 6" is easier for me to just use the bucket. The problem with the bucket is once the snow builds up in the bucket it falls out the sides leaving strips that needs extra clean up. Last snow fall I thought I would try out my rear blade and was quite surprised how well it worked. I blade all the snow into a windrow along one edge of the driveway and then used the 3ph blowwer to blow it into the bush. I was surprised at how well it worked and with the angle of the blade I didn't have any added clean up like I do with the bucket.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
We rarely get snow dumps deep enough to warrent me using my blower so I have been using by bucket. Anything less than 6" is easier for me to just use the bucket. The problem with the bucket is once the snow builds up in the bucket it falls out the sides leaving strips that needs extra clean up. Last snow fall I thought I would try out my rear blade and was quite surprised how well it worked. I blade all the snow into a windrow along one edge of the driveway and then used the 3ph blowwer to blow it into the bush. I was surprised at how well it worked and with the angle of the blade I didn't have any added clean up like I do with the bucket.

I keep my rear blower around for the rare storm also, but with a dozen or so long residential driveway contracts I have to be able to handle large dumps.
I currently run a blade up front and a rear blade with a 1.5” thick polyurethane edge. Rear blades are great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
Mine is 10 feet wide. I think if I ever went with chains they would be on the front wheels, not the rear wheels. So far, no need other than the plow does steer me a bit when hitting 4 foot drifts at speed with the plow angled over.. I plow in 3rd on the high side or about 16 mph.

10 feet seems to be a good road combo. 3 swipes on the road and it's done. One down the middle (angled windward) and one each side. Driveways are a little tough. Plow is wider than the drive
Nice rig

I put front chains on in addition to the rears, since this picture was taken. Makes all the difference with steering.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The M is heavy in the back (has the cast iron centers on the rims) so traction is good. I'm getting some plow steer and I believe chains on the front would eliminate that. I have to go out shortly and plow, we just got it again. Getting plenty of use out of my 800 dollar plow, well 950 bucks. The new cutting edge was 100 bucks and the bolts from Fastenal were 50.

We got an additional 5 inches since last night and the road is blown shut between here and the pavement. Won't be shortly.:)

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I deal with snow by living in South Texas, still wearing shorts.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Couple good things about living in the north.... No fire ants to deal with and no water issues either.

Northern land is much more productive as well. Important for me as I farm.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Ive been doing mine and the neighbors drives for the last 4 years. Hers takes about 15 minutes.. Mine takes almost 45.

All with a rear blade.... 20 years running equipment, half of those miles accumulated in reverse.... The neck doesn't turn real well anymore and frankly its just annoying to plow backwards. Especially when the fact that reverse is geared lower than forward.

I think I'm going to grab a 6' snow pusher. Tired of looking over my shoulder and the plowing I have to do doesn't lend well to winging snow off to the side despite the 600' straight away part of my drive. For that matter, I could take a center swipe down the drive with the rear blade offset and angled and get the entire drive in 2 passes.... I like that idea.