How do I get work done on my tractor, been black listed!?

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
So, took my tractor to the dealer I bought it from for warrantee and or insurance work. I had 2 weeks left on warrantee (I thought it was a good month but I was way off). First call I asked them to proceed with warrantee and insurance work only. When they picked it up, I gave them a list and said to check over all the issues listed and perform them if they are covered. Called in with them to make sure everything arrived okay and to just get a general idea of date lines. At that time I asked if they got the list and said to just do whatever is covered under warrantee or insurance.

I get a call 3 days later saying balljoints (on the list as the covers came off) will be $90 my cost. I am like what? I questioned it and they said "I think we can get this taken care of under warrantee along with the tow" I was like cool, and, restated just to fix whats covered under warrantee or insurance stuff.

3 days later I get a call from the mechanic talking about draining the tank (had some bogging issues) to clean it. No one said it was NOT covered under insurance. After saying insurance and warrantee till I was blue in the face, I figured something (insurance or warrantee) was gonna cover it, but, nope, they presented me with a $160 bill.

We then texted back and forth a few times where they acted like i knew what was going on. I typed a scathing (not derogatory) txt back. Was something like a dad talking to their child "Well tell me then how do I make someone understand warrantee or Insurance ONLY?". I did not send it at first. I told myself to calm down. I did and tried to go back and copy it so I could then retype calmer words, but, I accidentally SENT it somehow. Whoops, oh well, sent now, nothing I can do but sit back and wait for the sh*t storm!!

Now, in that txt I also said I would pay the $160 but from here on out only warrantee or insurance work, contact me when done. Was hoping they would just be annoyed and continue on, but, they responded "Were sending the tractor back and you will need to go somewhere else since you dont trust us".

Since they had my tractor past warrantee period, that made me lose my warrantee, I could NOT go back to someone else.

Fast forward to last month I had an accident in the woods and really do need insurance work now. I called the next dealer to me and they said to send warrantee number and pictures. I did as requested on 3/22 and did not hear back. 3 week later (2 days ago) the insurance company calls me for info that I sent to the 2nd dealer, which was supposed to send to the insurance company. 2nd dealer never returned my call after a week and I guess never sent the insurance company my info. I called 2nd dealer and instead of using ext number, I worked my way to the operator to find the service director. Just so happened to be him that answered (gotcha!). He said he would look into it, still waiting.

I am gonna guess 1st dealer has been spreading the word and is black listing me with all the other dealers. I am not saying who these people are as of now cause I dont know if they are truly busy, or, I have in fact been black listed.

With that, how do I get my tractor repaired? My front loader boom snapped in 2 and needs to be replaced. Whats the next avenue to try? If the 1st dealer black listed me and no one is willing to help me, will insurance send ME the boom and let me replace it?

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
When you say 'insurance' are you talking about KTAC?

I would contact Kubota and let them know the entire story.
I called KTAC and they automatically kicked it over to OICLS somehow, whoever that is, unless the original dealer signed me up for some obscure company. Maybe its a sister company to KTAC or something? I talked to the service manager of the new dealer I am trying to work with yesterday. He said something about someone was fielding the emails (of the pictures they requested they would need for the claim) at that time on 3/22 and he would look into it. I will give him a couple of days.

Appreciate the feedback. If the insurance company wants the dealer to look at it beyond the pictures and no dealers want to deal with me, then its gonna turn into a fun circle fest. Just trying to plan ahead, lol.

Thanks

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
The following comment is related to a business I used to own that was highly retail oriented. Not related to insurance, or tractor or Kubota just a general business observations. Take it for what its worth.

I owned a business that dealt with a steady, daily by the minute stream of customers. We had a preferred client list (a list of clients we prefer not to do business with) for many reasons there were just some clients we could never satisfy and / or "make good business with". So we choose to not do business with them. I know this is not uncommon. It was my business and felt I had no moral or legal obligation to make business with any or everyone that walked through my doors. In some cases not everyone can always mesh into good business

Was this the case with you? is it fair? is it moral and/or legal because we are talking about an expensive tractor versus a hundred dollar purchase?.... I have no clue (again I am clueless on the details of your instance) and would never pass judgment as I have no horse in this race. But I know it happens and more frequently than many think I think. Hopefully this has not ruined your business relationship going forward. Good news is you always have the option of getting service elsewhere just like the business has option of servicing other clients.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you for good success.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: My front loader boom snapped in 2 and needs to be replaced.

I'm curious about this ! Did the round cross pipe come away from the right loader arm ? Picture would be nice. Mine did ! while out of warranty, Kubota Canada did refill my account with lots of coins.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So, took my tractor to the dealer I bought it from for warrantee and or insurance work. I had 2 weeks left on warrantee (I thought it was a good month but I was way off). First call I asked them to proceed with warrantee and insurance work only. When they picked it up, I gave them a list and said to check over all the issues listed and perform them if they are covered. Called in with them to make sure everything arrived okay and to just get a general idea of date lines. At that time I asked if they got the list and said to just do whatever id covered under warrantee or insurance.

I get a call 3 days later saying balljoints (on the list as the covers came off) will be $90 my cost. I am like what? I questioned it and they said "I think we can get this taken care of under warrantee and the tow" I was like cool, and, restated just to cover warrantee or insurance stuff.

3 days later I get a call from the mechanic talking about draining the tank (had some bogging issues) to clean it. No one said it was NOT covered under insurance. After saying insurance and warrantee till I was blue in the face, I figured something was gonna cover it, but, nope, they presented me with a $160 bill.

We then texted back and forth a few times where they acted like i knew what was going on. I typed a scathing (not derogatory) txt back. Was something like a dad talking to their child "Well tell me then how do I make someone understand warrantee or Insurance ONLY?". I did not send it at first. I told myself to calm down. I did and tried to go back and copy it so I could then retype calmer owrds, but, I SENT it. Whoops, oh well, sent now!!

In that txt I also said I would pay the $160 but from here on out only warrantee or insurance work, contact me when done. They responded "Were sending the tractor back and you will need to go somewhere else since you dont trust us".

Since they had my tractor past warrantee period, that made me lose my warrantee, I could NOT go back to someone else.

Fast forward to last month I had an accident in the woods and really do need insurance work now. I called the next dealer to me and they said to send warrantee number and pictures. I did as requested on 3/22 and did not hear back. 3 week later (2 days ago) the insurance company calls me for info that I sent to the 2nd dealer, which was supposed to send to the insurance company. 2nd dealer never returned my call after a week and I guess never sent the insurance company my info.

I am gonna guess 1st dealer has been spreading the word and black listing me. I am not saying who these people are as of now cause I dont know if they are truly busy, or, I have in fact been black listed.

With that, how do I get my tractor repaired? My front loader boom snapped in 2 and needs to be replaced. Whats the next avenue to try? If the 1st dealer black listed me and no one is willing to help me, will insurance send ME the boom and let me replace it?

YEP......
Personality clash at the first dealer.
Poisoned the air at the second dealer.
I think you need to speak with the Kubota district manager, or higher...ASAP!

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
re: My front loader boom snapped in 2 and needs to be replaced.

I'm curious about this ! Did the round cross pipe come away from the right loader arm ? Picture would be nice. Mine did ! while out of warranty, Kubota Canada did refill my account with lots of coins.
I was traveling at a high rate of speed in the woods. I rounded a corner which I thought I would make. The mud sent me sliding on a crash course into a tree. It as I hit the tree, i could see the boom twist and you are correct, the round cross pipe came off the right cross arm. Factory defect, with a touch of slamming into a tree?

1713384794455.png

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Was this the case with you? is it fair? is it moral and/or legal because we are talking about an expensive tractor versus a hundred dollar purchase?.... I have no clue
All I know is if you repeatedly tell them "only insurance work or warrantee work" EVERY time you talk to them and they STILL try to slip you a personal bill, not once, but, twice after questioning the first bill, I just dont know what to say.

I think I know exactly what that is, but, I will keep my personal opinions to myself for now.

Funny thing is, I told them I would pay their second bill. Probably had more up their sleeve but since I was so arrogant about the personal bills, they gave up????

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA

YEP......

Here is the thing. Why would it poison the air at the second dealer, who is 40 miles away, unless the first dealer went out of their way to spread the word? Scummier than the first round they pulled!!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I was traveling at a high rate of speed in the woods. I rounded a corner which I thought I would make. The mud sent me sliding on a crash course into a tree. It as I hit the tree, i could see the boom twist and you are correct, the round cross pipe came off the right cross arm. Factory defect, with a touch of slamming into a tree?
Operator error

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Here is the thing. Why would it poison the air at the second dealer, who is 40 miles away, unless the first dealer went out of their way to spread the word? Scummier than the first round they pulled!!
Yep....
"Scummier" it might be.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion

YEP......
In did a similar thing on a warranty issue with the selling dealer, then another. If you think that the dealers don't give a rats patootie, wait till you attempt to communicate with corporate.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
YES Factory defect !!! Same as mine. Local dealer had never seen it before. It took 5 YEARS(1100hrs) of USING my loader to finally have the two pieces 'part ways'. Welder said 'defect' and he has enough welding certificates to wallpaper a house !!! The loader frame is about $2600 Canadian, last year.
It took the welder less than 2 hours to PROPERLY repair the joint and me 4 to reattach all the hoses and other bits and pieces.
I wrote a short email to Kubota Canada, nothing NASTY, about the situation, 2hrs later local dealer infomed me my account had a healthy input! I asked was it Corporate Coins, or 'dealer dollars' ? Andrew said corporate ,so I said, That I'm OK with. If it'd been dealer dollars , I would have returned them.
Curious, do you have the serial number of the loader frame ? Be interesting if yours is close to mine !
so.... does MY picture look 'familiar' ??
100_4939.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
In did a similar thing on a warranty issue with the selling dealer, then another. If you think that the dealers don't give a rats patootie, wait till you attempt to communicate with corporate.

Already there. I emailed the insurance guy twice to ask if someone from the dealer I have been talking to ever even got a hold of him. 2 emails and 4 days later, crickets............

Not exactly "corporate", but, makes me wonder why they are not talking to me??

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
YES Factory defect !!!

does MY picture look 'familiar' ??
Nice! :/

Too familiar, brought a tear to my eye!

What number is yours? Can I use you/yours as an example when I write a letter? Very odd, Mine is 2 yrs and 6 months old with 907 hours, almost the same hours.

Where do I find the serial?