How did this happen?

Bruce Williams

Equipment
a new L3400 TLB and a T-shirt
Jan 27, 2011
Alexandria Virginia USA
I still don't know how it happened. I was content to just lurk on OTT, learning stuff like crazy from you people. Next thing I am at the Kubota dealer in Albuquerque; Mesa Tractor Inc., don't remember how I got there but I seem to recall asking a bunch of questions waiting for a "NO" so I could leave but the dealer kept saying "YES", "NO PROBLEM", and "FRIDAY". It all happened so fast, I think "you people" at OTT sent a virus through the Internet that took control of my brain or something. I had to get cured, I knew that. The cure arrived that Friday in the form of a new L3400 TLB, delivered to the house on the dealer's trailer. I feel much better now. If I can figure out how to get the pix off my wife's camera onto this site I will post some. There is no way anyone wants to watch the 2 hours of video I took with the camera mounted on the ROPS; watching me drive all over with a big idiot grin on my mug. Actually its only a TL, since the B part is somewhere in Texas and the mounting sub-frame is somewhere else. These get attached in June. I hope you orange people are used to the blathering of a Newbie but I just wanted to thank you all for somehow making me buy my first Kubota!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Yea, just went thru the same thing. Just "happened" to stop by the dealer and see a new 4wd mower, not a tractor but a mower. Here it is 4 am and I'm searching u tube for video of anyone that has one and trying to decide what to sell to get the $$ to buy it. Oh, that man looks sooo happy on the brochure.

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Bruce, welcome to the site. A lot of us can relate. The same thing happened to me 4 years ago when I bought my Kubota Zero turn. I remember waking up the first day and wondering if it really happened. Then last fall, I drove 600 miles round trip to get the 30 year old B7100 I wanted. The smile hasn't left my face yet!!

moderatmixed

Mar 24, 2011
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Congratulations! I have a small in town property, but unable to control my overwhelming need to have a Kubota, I acquired one. Not a nice new one, but a 33 year old B6100D. I love it, with its loader, 3pt mower, 51 inch blower, 5 foot blade, post hole auger.... the list goes on! And nowhere near enough property to justify such an machine. I describe myself as a 5 year old with a salary! Enjoy that tractor, and the fact that every guy in the area, or who drives by wishes that they had your tractor!

Cheers.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I know,,, I stopped in to get a chain for my orange saw, and walked out owning an orange tractor,, how dem guys do that????

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Yeah, Bruce, we're all infected with the same bug. I know it sounds cheesy, but I've become almost unhealthily attached to my little orange tractor. In fact, that piece of machinery and the toys for it are worth about twice as much as all 3 of my vehicles combined. It even got its own shed built.

You've even got more options with your unit, being an L series - you'll love it more as time goes by!