How can I get parts for a V1505-T engine

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I have access to a Kubota V1505-T engine connected to a military 24v gen set.

The gen set is TU but the engine runs great. Starts first try every time and no smoke or bad noises. 138 hours on the hour meter.

Usually the Kubota has a label on the valve cover that lists a lot of info that lets you figure yr of mfg., serial number, emmision certification etc. This engine doesn't have that kind of label. The serial number is stamped on the block but when I go to the Kubota dealer they can not find any info in their system on this engine and therefore, if I was ever to need any parts of service for this engine I couldn't get it.

I understand that Kubota expects you to go to the OEM dealer that uses the Kubota engine (i.e. Jacobson etc. ) to get part numbers and parts etc. If an engine was installed in a rice harvester from another country you can't get parts for that engine in the US because there is no information about that engine in the US system.

I suspect that a V1505 engine block is the same all the world around but maybe there could be some unique differences with the internal parts such as head design, pistons, emmission criteria, injectors, injection pump timing and duration etc. and thus HP and torque.

When I look up specs on a V1505T I can see that the HP rating on these engines can run from about 36 to 44+.

This engine is available for very little money and I am thinking about buying it for a future project.

Heck it's the same block in my B3000 and could prove to be possible future upgrade.

But I don't want a a pile of useless scrap, as that's what it might be if it is not serviceable.

But I am not finding any help at Kubota or other places I've looked.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can better identify this engine and secure documentation and parts if needed in the future?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
You won't be able to find parts for it at a tractor dealer, UNLESS they are also a KEA (Kubota Engine of America) dealer. There is no lookup for engines specifically at KTC dealers (KTC-kubota tractor corporation). If you knew what tractor came with a V1505-T you might get lucky. But I'm not aware of any.

Find a KEA dealer and go with them.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Got any use for a generator, pull the 24v one and bolt up a 110

War Eagle

Equipment
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Thanks for the url's. I had those downloaded previously as I found quite few documents such as WSM's, as well as some specification documents issued by Kubota. Even some for the same engine used in mower applications like Jacobsen and others. But the problem is without being able to ID the specific engine to a specific parts list, year of mfg., etc there is no verified way that I have foundto ensure that any of the parts you might order from any given parts list for a V1505T engine will fit the engine in question.

With the interaction I've had as I discussed this with several Kubota dealers in my area, I am not getting them to give me much help or confidence in how the parts list for one V1505T engine can be cross referenced to another V1505T.

I suspect all castings are the same but I'm not sure about other internals because there are quite a few different HP ratings for that turbo charged engine.

I'm hoping there are some insights on these issues among this OTT community.

I found a blog where someone has taken one of these V1505T engines and mated it to a generator head and uses it for power at a Church summer camp.

So that appears it could be a viable option, but I still would have the question about the ability to get parts and service for the engine if ever needed in the future.

If this engine is rated as a 44 hp unit, it could pprobably drive a pretty good sized generator unit. Maybe 35-40 kw.

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
The full engine number will help Kubota Engines America identify it. NIW may also have some tricks up his sleeve and come back with some good info after he gets the complete number.
Personally, I wouldn't be to concerned about parts, they will be available around the world somewhere, and realistically, you don't expect to be needing any for some time do you, as well as the likely hood of them being the same as other engines in the series.

It all comes back to the $$$$$$$$$

One thing to consider if using it for a genset, the hp rating may be a lot lower as most engines/gensets of this size would run at 1800 rpm for you guys I expect, so expect max power at 1800 ~ 30hp, net continuous 22hp.
The only info I can find on this engine is a max of 3000 rpm which doesn't cut it for 60Hz, so 1800 at lower hp would be the go.
http://dieselparts.com.au/wp-conten...er-05-Series_D905_D1005_D1105_V1305_V1505.pdf
3000 max from this spec sheet
http://kubotaengine.com/products/engines/kubota-engine-line-up
This service sheet shows larger oil volume, longer valve duration, and different ring gap for the " -T " engine.
http://www.mag-motoren.com/Einstelldatenbl%E4tter/Einstelldaten%20Kubota%2005-Serie%20(EPA%20Tier%202).pdf

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Just buy it and shove it in the tractor to give it a 25+% BOOST!

War Eagle

Equipment
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
You won't be able to find parts for it at a tractor dealer, UNLESS they are also a KEA (Kubota Engine of America) dealer. There is no lookup for engines specifically at KTC dealers (KTC-kubota tractor corporation). If you knew what tractor came with a V1505-T you might get lucky. But I'm not aware of any.

Find a KEA dealer and go with them.
Thanks for the input. No help from the KTC folks even the ones that offered generator sets.

I didn't know anything about KEA dealers. I'll try to look them up and see if they can help me.

Yea, I don't know if there was a US Kubota tractor with the V1505T engine. Probably would have to be L or M series.

There is a bunch of other equipment that has this turbo charged engine. Bobcat uses it, Jacobsen uses it, etc.

War Eagle

Equipment
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Just buy it and shove it in the tractor to give it a 25+% BOOST!
That's a good idea! I wonder what problems that might cause for any tractor parts? Tranny, PTO, pumps or frame.

I wouldn't mind some extra PTO hp. I don't abuse my tractor so do you think it would cause any problems if I did this?

Thanks for the url's. I haven't seen those before and there is some good info in there.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry but the pics are too small, if you would repost with larger pics or PM me and I'll tell you how to send pics to me directly.

Also if you could include a picture of top of the valve cover, intake manifold and exhaust manifold that might help nail it down.

I don't think you would even really notice much of a difference in the operation of your tractor, also increasing the HP could lead to some broken and expensive parts. ;)

Look right next to the injection pump on the deck of the block for a number too.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok I think I have it nailed down.
It looks to be a V1505-TE-1, early first version of that motor, I think I have a manual for it, let me look around in my selection. :D