Hoping to get some help with some generic non kubota questions

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Back story a freind of mine is moving to a new to them house and has a mistubishi mt372D subcompact tractor with a FEL. the tractor hadn't been started or moved Iin over 10 years so the first question was can we even get it to start and after several hours of bleeding the fuel system a fresh battery and lots of patience we got it to fire up and idle a few tines yesterday. Ok so what's the issue? Just drive it on a trailer. Not so fast the clutch pedal appears to be disconnected down underneath somewhere and even without the tractor running it will not go into any gear. We where able to get the front wheel drive dissengaged, however we could not get the range selector to budge (I think it's stuck in high) also despite the transmission shift lever being in neutral when we jacked the rear end of the tractor up, both rear wheels where locked and would not turn in the slightest. The machine is currently in a fairly inaccessible shed that leaks with no electric or lights. So the plan is to (maybe) pull the loader off lift the back end with my forks and push pull drag it onto a trailer to get it to its "new home" which hopefully has a dry garage with electric so we can dive into this thing. Yes I know parts for this thing are going to be both expensive and hard to find but I don't think he can get a replacement with a loader for the price we are going to have to put into it assuming we can find parts. Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded post, the main question is does anyone know of something I may be missing to get the rear wheels to roll that doesn't involve tearing both the clutch and or transmission apart in its current leaky shed home. I know it's not a kubota and I know the odds are stacked against me but any help or hints and or leads on mistubishi parts would be greatly appreciated

TIA Trial and Error

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Look for an electric clutch and if you find it, you should be able to energize it to possibly get the wheels moving. Other than that, buy some wheels and make a dolly to put the rear on, then lift the front and move it like a car on a dolly. Maybe rent a car dolly from U Haul and use that to carry the rear end of the tractor to get it onto a trailer. Time to think outside of the shed box.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As the rears don't turn, providing it IS in neutral, either rear brakes seized or water is now ice in the driveline.
It could be easier to raise bucket up and chain loader instead of removing .
Assuming ground is froze, just drag her, providing YOU can get traction.

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
As the rears don't turn, providing it IS in neutral, either rear brakes seized or water is now ice in the driveline.
It could be easier to raise bucket up and chain loader instead of removing .
Assuming ground is froze, just drag her, providing YOU can get traction.
I am seriously thinking chains the loader up.unfortunely the ground around here was frozen a week ago but it's been 40's-50's all week with rain so dragging g without rasing the locked wheels is likely going to be a fight up hill. I'm hoping the brakes are frozen that's a fairly easy to "tear apart"

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Look for an electric clutch and if you find it, you should be able to energize it to possibly get the wheels moving. Other than that, buy some wheels and make a dolly to put the rear on, then lift the front and move it like a car on a dolly. Maybe rent a car dolly from U Haul and use that to carry the rear end of the tractor to get it onto a trailer. Time to think outside of the shed box.
All good advice and thank you

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, if brakes are 'frozen', pulling both ways, might free them up
duh... check the 'parking brake' isn't ON even though lever says off.
Since it's sat for 10 years, things could be rustied 'on'.
big problem is the cold..nothing likes to work in this weather.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
A couple thoughts. If it wasn’t in neutral and it has a working N safety switch then you wouldn’t have gotten it to run or idle I don’t think. That is only if it’s working or connected. My old ford would have the clutch plate stick together if you left it parked for long periods without the clutch pedal held down. Thanks pops lol. I’d disconnect the N safety switch fire it up in 1st gear and find a big tree or dirt pile. Then with the stopper holding me I’d let it try to sit/push well I f with the clutch and gear shifter back and forth till it was free. Worked. Both times the clutch was stuck on me. Not saying this is you problem just a thought. Just remember to hook to N safety switch back up and be careful.

Reactions: 1 users

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
If you can’t get it running you can do this experiment by just dragging it. I just didn’t have any help or anything that was gonna drag my ol ford around without tires moving.

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
If you can’t get it running you can do this experiment by just dragging it. I just didn’t have any help or anything that was gonna drag my ol ford around without tires moving.
Not 100% sure if the clutch switch functional we made sure it was depressed when trying to turn the starter. Since it didn't "take off on us when it did start and since the shifter "jiggles" like it's in neutral I imagine it is indeed in neutral the shifting issue I believe is likey unrelated to the rolling issue. I'm starting to lean towards frozen brskes as @GreensvilleJay is thinking is what's causing both rear wheels to be locked. The clutch I'm starting to think is a whole other issue as the pedal just flops around like a fish out of water. I'm thinking something between the pedal linkage and the throwout bearing is broken or disconnected. Based on the "floppyness" of the pedal it's as if the clutch fork is not engaging the throwout bearng at all
Also I see what you meant about starting it in gear. However even without the machine running I cannot get any gear to "click in" which is very strange wothout anything spinning I should be able to "find" at least one of the gears

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Could be why the tractor stopped moving 10 years ago maybe.

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You get to do what wasn't done 10 years ago. Drag it out and take it to the scrap yard.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
If this is it, it looks like a rebadged Kubota B6100. ??

Might be worth saving and fixing w/ Kubota parts. ??

I don't know. Just a SWAG.

Screenshot_20240128_160557_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
T
You get to do what wasn't done 10 years ago. Drag it out and take it to the scrap yard.
That was the original plan of its owner. I had actually been interested in it at one time a few years ago strictly fir the loader. I would personally rather see it reused again given that it has a loader on it but we will see

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Update: we now have a pile of scrap metal that has four rotating wheels. It still won't go into any gear even without the engine running amd the clutch linkage is still a mystery. However as many of you suggested the brakes where frozen. now we can at least drag a rolling chunk of metal to its new dryer cleaner wayy more accessible home to do a deep dive into the other issues

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Quick update. We got the mistubishi tractor moved to its new home today used my b7100 and plow to push it up on the trailer backed up in the new paved driveway and rolled it off. Having the brakes "unstuck" makes that thing roll like a dream. Got the loader off, wish I would've known these tractors had a closed loop hydraukic system before we tried to start it and blew a hole in the high pressure line. But I'm gonna say that line was already weak becuase the tractor didn't even start before it blew the line. Hopefully a good hydraulic shop can repair or fabricate the line. Lulled the gear shift case cover off and discovered that is where most of not all of the shifting issue lies (clutch is its onw ordeal) but all the forks where frozen solid, so tune to let that soak in a chemical concoction for a weak or so. Does anyone have any ideas for a aluminum safe chemical bath? Trans fluid vinegar? Other ideas?