Homemade Frontlifter (3ph)

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...Have you done any costing for this project with a view to knocking them out for sale?
No, you have to build it by your self! ;)

Everything together would be ~350Euro plus work...

...by fitting an hydraulic ram in place of the top link?
Maybe you remember that there were three cylinders on the bench in the picture with the hydraulic stuff. :D

der carl

Last edited:

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Cabu, buddy that looks like a great beginning for you. Because I know you'll upgrade it. I will caution you from making the tolerances to tight though. It needs some flex if you will to follow the terrain well. So far you have one mean looking tractor!! Good work my friend.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
So do you find the cost of doing this compared to building/buying a FEL worth it?

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Nice job. We all now see an example of the quality of work so typical of German craftsmen. We could use some of that over here in the USA. And you did it with not the largest of machines also.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
So do you find the cost of doing this compared to building/buying a FEL worth it?
Yes, it is worth it. It only cost me 350€ (400US$) and it was a great experiance.
And until now it is working verry well.

carl

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Nice job. We all now see an example of the quality of work so typical of German craftsmen. We could use some of that over here in the USA. And you did it with not the largest of machines also.
Actually, I am not a craftsman in mechanics. I am in electronics and have an German engineer degree in biomedical technic. But when you have some tools, I guess you lern how to use them... :D

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Holy Batman.... what a resurrection of an old thread... but soooooo glad you did. GREAT STUFF.

PS- Cabu we might have a tiny bit in common. Have a background in Biomechanics myself. That and I've got a toss up rolling around in my head between a FEL and a front 3pt