Hobart handler140

Newbe

Equipment
L3901
Dec 2, 2015
GOFF. N.H.
Newbe here and haven't touched a thing since my days in the Seabees in the 70's. Looking for hobby/garage piece. Will this fit the bill?
Thanks guys!

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
I have had mine for at least 15 years now. I like it and it has always done everything I have asked it to do. The only thing I wish it could do is take a spool gun for doing aluminum, but it gives me an excuse to go out and get a tig welder!

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
I have had mine for about 12 years. Never had a problem and it has welded everything I've asked it to, including some deep cracks in my Bobcat lift arm that required heavy v-notching and multi-pass welds. If you are planning to go portable with it where 240v power might be hard to get or if you will almost never weld 1/4 inch or thicker stuff, the Handler 140 is a great machine. If you have 240V power readily available, I would suggest stepping up to a bigger machine for those few times that 1/4 inch penetration just isn't quite enough. Remember, nobody ever wishes they had bought a smaller tractor. The same is true for welders.