help needed in replacing clutch

disco95

Mar 22, 2012
ontario,canada
hi i have a m7500dt,i'm having trouble with the clutch.
i put it into gear and the tractor barely moves.i tried adjusting the pedal but it made no difference.what is the proper procedure in replacing the clutch.
also where's a good place to get parts.

thankyou

ScharpeStGuy

Equipment
L225DT / T1460
Apr 22, 2012
Huntsville, TX
I am in the same boat with a L225DT, I purchased the clutch kit off ebay for $230, should arrive Monday, good luck with yours!

Scharpe

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
I don't know the particulars of the M series but the basic principle is the same on nearly all tractors. I did a day by day of how I did my L175 though I'm sure it's somewhat different on your tractor. Once I start showing pictures of the lathe you can skip to post #23 where I get back to assembly. The tractor needs to be split between the bell housing and transmission. You disconnect everything hold the two halves together then support both halves securely so one can be rolled away from the other. Unbolt the two halves, change you clutch disc and other goodies out, recenter the disc and put it back together.

Messicks can get all the small parts like gaskets and lock tabs at reasonable prices though the can be a bit pricey on the larger items. Ebay and other tractor parts websites can be good resources for those.

Roadhammer

Equipment
L2350DT
Dec 23, 2011
Sumterville, FL
I just got through doing my l2350dt. Eight bolts and the tractor was in half. splitting tractor and replacing clutch was straight forward. Dropping FEL, removing sheet metal, fuel tank, steering, elec. wires, hyd. lines, 4wd axle was time consuming. If this is your first one put bolts/screws from different assemblies in different container or ziplock bags. Be sure to support section with jack stands and I used a hoist as a safety. You will usually roll back the rear section with a floor jack supporting the unit. Place safety jack stand underneath when stationary. Never, never put body parts (your) under the tractor if it is only supported by jack. Replace everything, clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing/bushing. Bought my parts on ebay and saved some $$$. Get ready to get greasy... Good luck.