Help me fix this leak

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
I was changing the hydraulic oil and filters today on my B26 and noticed that 2 ports were leaking out of the control valve that sits behind the rear passenger tire. I know very little about hydraulic connections so this is where I need the help. Both of the leaks were coming from the threads that go into the control valve itself not at the flare connection from the hose ends. So I removed the fitting and it is a 90deg fitting that has a nut and some type of black compression type sleeve on it that I assume is what is supposed to seat and keep leaks from happening. My question is should I just replace the whole fitting or Is that compression type sleeve replaceable? What do I ask for(what are these parts named) when re installing these should I use some type of thread lock or sealant?

Attachments

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
After reading some info in the link you sent it does seem as if that is the type of fitting. My guess is that since China is stamped on my fitting it is of lesser quality and that is why it has the tapered seal and not the rubber o-ring. I will head to the hydraulic shop tomorrow and see if I can get better quality fitting or at least a proper rubber o-ring for the ones I have.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Have a good look at the first drawings in the link, the oring squashes down into a tapered area to seal.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It is more of tapered sleeve that seems to get seated when you tighten the the secondary nut.
That's an ORB fitting with an old o-ring that has distorted. You don't need a new fitting, just new o-rings. ORB o-rings are standardized, any hydraulic shop, industrial supply or bearing house should have them. If you are in Canada, Princess Auto carries sets of them and I bet Harbor Freight in the US does too.