Help Can't attach backhoe on BX25D after bagger installed

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
As the title says, I installed a 2016 bagger on my 2014 BX25D. It has a set of adapter plates that need to be installed for the 3 pt hitch lift arms to attach to, to prevent the bagger from going up and down with the deck lever. Well now that I have installed these plates, according to the Kubota Manual.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

And now here is a video of me trying to attach the backhoe with the brackets installed.

https://youtu.be/85_hHPwHvgI?t=47s

Any suggestions? When I asked about this new style of 3pt hitch attached bagger and compared it to my neighbor's bagger that attaches to the backhoe subframe, he said this is the new version, and that it how it attaches.

I have emailed my dealer/sales rep, maybe he can come up with something.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
first... that's just bad engineering on Kubota's part.

but... I would just grind a notch into that top plate, and call it a day.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
I agree, bad design. What I think is happening here, is that Kubota is trying to compete with JD in quick and easy change overs. The orange drive over deck is poorly designed, and looks rushed. Now I am discovering that the bagger, while I like the idea of attaching to a 3pt hitch, does take a lot of time to add and remove.

I was playing with the brackets after posing last night. On the silver metal piece, I found that if I drill another hole, then move the grey plate to the other side, I get enough height to clear the backhoe. But the angle is now off to connect the 3pt lift arms. So the grey plates need to be straightened by about 1-1/4" at then end. They are 3/8" steel so that might be a challenge. I noticed that in my efforts to not see them hitting the backhoe that I actually bend or stressed the grey brackets, and the powder coat chipped off.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Well the dealer/sales rep said he was going to contact Kubota. Nothing yet. I offered to make a mod, but I wanted a spare set of the adapter plates to work with, and keep the originals intact. He said I should just use the original lift arm stays. So I thought I would give that a try and I did last night. The lift arms won't extend long enough to be able to drive up to the bagger and connect the 3pt arms. I would have to lift the bagger unit up 4-5 inches first. Not a problem, just put on a pallet right? But then the Top link may not reach, and the PTO shaft is now up at an angle, and probably not long enough. The 4-5 inches of lift I could work with, especially fabricating some sort of caster dolly system for the legs. I would have to verify the top link and PTO length to see if that would be a problem.

What is the max angle a PTO shaft should be at? This might be a tough short Z bend for it.

SyNtAxx

Equipment
Kubota BX25D-1 TLBM + Woods RB60 Blade + Grass Catcher
Oct 27, 2015
Kennett Square
I suppose I will run into the same issue. When i ordered my bagger I was told there was two options to attach the bagger on the bx25d-1. One was using the conversion kit to mount to the back hoe frame, and the other is the 3pt mount.

I said fine, give me the back how mount set up, which he said was a just a 30$ kit. After waiting almost 2 months for the bagger to come in on order, i struggled to figure out how this 'conversion kit' worked.

Turns out it would never work as the actual frame work on the bagger is different for the back hoe mount vs the 3pt mount. I just decided to live with the bagger I have after waiting that long to use it.

I never considered there might be additional consequences like having to retool the machine to use the back hoe. I think I might have found the mistake the dealer made when ordering the parts. But, of course I could be wrong.

Nick