HELP! B3350SU Start up problem

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
Ok, long story short. I'm new to the forum so hello and hopefully this is the correct location for this thread.

I just purchase a NEW B3350SU yesterday from my local dealer.
I ran the tractor for a while yesterday and it now has 4.1hrs.
When I came home from work I tried to start it and it will crank, fire up and rev to 3600RPM!!!!! then shut off. (within a 2-3 second time period)

I called the dealer right away and explained everything and they say they've never heard of this happening.
It was too late for them to call Kubota for any support and they're coming Monday morning to pick up my BRAND NEW KUBOTA with 4.1hrs on it.....

This is my first new tractor and my first Kubota.
Does anyone have any information or experience with this problem?
Is it likely they will re-flash the computer and all will be good? But what about my tractor engine with a rev limit of 2500 that's been revved to 3600 or higher while cold and I'm sure without adequate oil pressure??

jhayden

Equipment
2018 L3560 cchst 805 fel
Jan 6, 2018
Dartmouth. Nova scotia
Ok, long story short. I'm new to the forum so hello and hopefully this is the correct location for this thread.

I just purchase a NEW B3350SU yesterday from my local dealer.

I ran the tractor for a while yesterday and it now has 4.1hrs.

When I came home from work I tried to start it and it will crank, fire up and rev to 3600RPM!!!!! then shut off. (within a 2-3 second time period)

I called the dealer right away and explained everything and they say they've never heard of this happening.

It was too late for them to call Kubota for any support and they're coming Monday morning to pick up my BRAND NEW KUBOTA with 4.1hrs on it.....

This is my first new tractor and my first Kubota.

Does anyone have any information or experience with this problem?

Is it likely they will re-flash the computer and all will be good? But what about my tractor engine with a rev limit of 2500 that's been revved to 3600 or higher while cold and I'm sure without adequate oil pressure??

I bought a b3350 it did same thing at 8 hrs in front of kubota tech there to fix a hydraulic leak... I told them to come get it kubota reversed deal and I bought a L3560 happy I did much better tractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
I bought a b3350 it did same thing at 8 hrs in front of kubota tech there to fix a hydraulic leak... I told them to come get it kubota reversed deal and I bought a L3560 happy I did much better tractor

I really hope I don't have to go that route unless its going to keep giving me the same problems down the road.
Did they offer you a better deal on it or any kind of reimbursement for your time and trouble?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sorry to hear that Bbright, but welcome to the forum. There have been lots of problems with the B3350 that you can search for, yours and jhayden's are the first I've heard of that sort. Mostly the difficulties are with the regen process. I think if you can swing it, trading for an L3560 or an L01 series would be the best solution if they aren't too big. The B2650 is about the same size as the 3350 and is also a dandy tractor. I have both and love them.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sheepfarmer is right on the money. When I went to buy my first tractor with a cab the dealer had a 3350 in the showroom which I inquired about and the sales guy said he wouldn't sell it to me. Stated they had problems with them that there was no fix for at the time and ended up selling me an L3560. If that is too much for you as sheep farmer stated the B2650 is a great tractor from everything I read. Good luck and please lets know the end result.

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
I did do some research and was reassured that the problems had been fixed, both from the dealer and several youtube videos and post.
I was even told from my dealer that the problems were only on earlier year models and they had been addressed.

The tractor was purchased with cash and was at the top of my price point already. I really don't want to finance any, but it would be $4K extra for a L3901 which would be my next choice. I really need the extra hp so going lower is not an option.

Do you all think that a discounted price or a rebate would even be a option for my troubles?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I did do some research and was reassured that the problems had been fixed, both from the dealer and several youtube videos and post.
I was even told from my dealer that the problems were only on earlier year models and they had been addressed.

The tractor was purchased with cash and was at the top of my price point already. I really don't want to finance any, but it would be $4K extra for a L3901 which would be my next choice. I really need the extra hp so going lower is not an option.

Do you all think that a discounted price or a rebate would even be a option for my troubles?
Your dealer may be right however they have been known to stretch the truth a little. I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow morning who has treated me great just to see what he has to say and let you know what I find out.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Man, sorry to hear about your issue (never heard of the over rev before).

I had also initially inquired about the B3350 when I was looking for a new machine. I had three dealers tell me (to my face) that they wouldn't sell me one (they all had them sitting there on their lots).

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, just that maybe you should take the advice above and look for another machine (and likely another dealer)?

I do hope that it works out for you. Kubota builds some great machines.

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
Your dealer may be right however they have been known to stretch the truth a little. I'll give my dealer a call tomorrow morning who has treated me great just to see what he has to say and let you know what I find out.
Thank You. I would really appreciate that.

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
Man, sorry to hear about your issue (never heard of the over rev before).

I had also initially inquired about the B3350 when I was looking for a new machine. I had three dealers tell me (to my face) that they wouldn't sell me one (they all had them sitting there on their lots).

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, just that maybe you should take the advice above and look for another machine (and likely another dealer)?

I do hope that it works out for you. Kubota builds some great machines.

That's just it. My local dealer had a great price and wasn't in a hurry to sell, I had no pressure at all. I guess that was a big factor in me feeling comfortable with the tractor.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That's just it. My local dealer had a great price and wasn't in a hurry to sell, I had no pressure at all. I guess that was a big factor in me feeling comfortable with the tractor.

In that case, I'm sure they'll work with you to resolve your issue...one way or the other. Let us know what happens, and what the fix was.

jhayden

Equipment
2018 L3560 cchst 805 fel
Jan 6, 2018
Dartmouth. Nova scotia
Kubota hasn’t fixed the problem and still sell the b3350. It isn’t worth keeping especially after warranty runs out or is at dealer waiting for repairs more than you have it. Give it back to dealer right away and get an l3560.

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
Kubota hasn’t fixed the problem and still sell the b3350. It isn’t worth keeping especially after warranty runs out or is at dealer waiting for repairs more than you have it. Give it back to dealer right away and get an l3560.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I find something out.
I was quoted a l3901hst with loader for $20,970.
Isn't a L3560 much higher? I know msrp is like 24k on the 60 without a loader.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well I made the call this am and as suspected they are still having issues with the 3350. He told me they have made a few updates but still haven't figured it out. Like others he advise me to tell you to bring it back and seriously look at the B2650 or the L3901. I feel for ya my friend but at least you found out soon enough to take it back and get into something you won't have to worry about. Best of luck to ya and let us know how things turn out.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The maddening thing about the B3350s is that some seem to be fine. There are some folks out there that are happy, mostly in warm climates, where the regens can occur ok. This over rev problem is different. In any case once there has been one mystery problem that the dealer is not familiar with, I wouldn't want to persevere with that tractor. The dealers get caught between a rock and a hard place sometimes. Kubota thinks its fixed and sends them more tractors, parts etc and they're not.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
For me there are just too many other options out there that are tried and true to bother rolling the dice on something like this, JMHO.

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
Well I made the call this am and as suspected they are still having issues with the 3350. He told me they have made a few updates but still haven't figured it out. Like others he advise me to tell you to bring it back and seriously look at the B2650 or the L3901. I feel for ya my friend but at least you found out soon enough to take it back and get into something you won't have to worry about. Best of luck to ya and let us know how things turn out.
Thanks so much for the help.
I just got off the phone with the salesman (I was only able to speak with associate yesterday) who seems to want to try his best to resolve the issue. So at least that's helping me stay positive.

Obviously he couldn't tell me if trading up to the L3901 was possible at this point but I was clear in letting him know that's what I'm considering so that when he speaks with Kubota he can let it be known.
Updates will continue. Thanks to all who have shared or helped out.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bbright - - welcome, and hope it works out for you!!

Just so you know, sheepfarmer is our "local" expert on Tier IV emissions systems.

She has really done a lot of homework on the subject. She is a great resource, and very willing to help.

I recall sheepfarmer saying there are issues that are only a problem in very cold climates (she's in Michigan, so she knows). You're in Kentucky, so things may be different/better for you.

Also, bearbait mentioned the B2650....I certainly am not suggesting it will come to that, but ALOT of folks here are very pleased with them.

Again, best wishes and hopes for resolution!

Last edited:

Bbright

Equipment
L3901
Mar 23, 2018
Corbin, KY
The B3350SU was picked up this morning.
I'm still waiting on the answer, but this is very disappointing.

Last edited:

jhayden

Equipment
2018 L3560 cchst 805 fel
Jan 6, 2018
Dartmouth. Nova scotia
The B3350SU was picked up this morning.
I'm still waiting on the answer, but this is very disappointing.

I was reimbursed every penny ? Towards a 3560. Much happier than worrying when will be the next breakdown. Kubota knows there are problems the dealers know there are problems. Who knows how long that tractor sat around the year is when they are registered not when produced. IMHO don’t accept anything but a complete refund