Hello all my heros yes you

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
I just bought a L245DT tires are half new Starts and runs like a sewing machine Drives all gears work everything except the lift. The rear lift does not work. What i im ask is what is it worth like is?:rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Kurtis lets see if I understand everything works but the 3 point and you bought it and you want to know what its worth so you can flip it,, is that about right?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The "stop spending" limit would be based on what you are using the machine for. If you don't need the 3-pt is different then "gotta have the 3-pt".

So you have to determine your use. Then you have to determine what's needing replaced/repaired to come up with a cost number. Then YOU can determine to go ahead or sell.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'd bet the fix is cheap. Probably a link on the control came off or similar. Look around, maybe you can fix it.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I had an intermittent problem with my 3pt not working. It was the pressure re leaf valve sticking. Took it apart, cleaned it and no further problem. Could also be the O rings or the piston - not that $ and not hard to replace. Worth a little exploratory surgery.:)

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
Ok so far i got it all apart i found one bad o ring that is the inner one at the piston. Another thing i found is the fluid has lots of water so im draining all i can get out. One question i found one drain plug under the center of transmission there is one on each side on the drive cases but it is leaving a pretty good bit in the section under the seat. Is there a way to drain that section and can i flush it all out with diesel fuel?
Now i have another problem i can not find out how to fix. on the underside of the top housing is a 2 valve body the valves move freely. there is a nut on one side and a hickey ma do on the other can someone tell me how to adjust or show me a youtube video? I feel like this might be my problem if it is not set right. If i turn the hickey ma do it adjust both sides a little but i can not find out how. Thanks for any help I guess i should have gone to college back in 1942 and they could have shown me how to fix my 1978 kubota lol :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
In the WSM it's paragraph 124, read through that. ;)

Kurtis01

Equipment
Kubota L245 DT
Dec 15, 2014
Douglasville
update

Ok after i was told hyd pump was rebuilt and was good i did everything else well i should have known to start with the pump. Yes to all never believe them when they say i rebuilt it lol. Got a new hyd pump put it on cranked her up and wala 3 point works great so thanks for all the good info.