Headlight fuse keeps blowing

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
Having trouble my M5030SU has been blowing the headlight fuse. Have checked wires all that I can see they look good. Put in a new fuse and all the lights work then next time go to turn the headlights on it will blow the fuse. I am thinking about replacing the headlight switch to see if the problem could be with the switch itself. Any thoughts?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Might be a loose connection somewhere. I have seen loose wires ark and cause the fuses to blow then next time the will work fine. Might try replacing the fuse and then go to each light and wiggle some wires. May even be a bad ground on one of the lights. Every where you find a plug in the lighting system unplug it and plug it back up. Just a small amount of corrosion can create problems.

bgbill

Equipment
BX25
May 12, 2011
BG, Ohio
Unplug the headlights and any other lights that are supposed to come on and turn on the switch. If the fuse blows it may be the switch. Are you using the right size fuse ?
Bill W.

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
I took the grill off and unplugged the headlight wires. Did not blow the fuse till I plugged the headlight wires up and turned from dim to high. So I unplugged everything took the bulbs out and cleaned the connections , the filaments were clean. I cleaned the terminals where all the connections went together, plugged everything back up, fingers crossed so far did not blow the fuse. I have to feed tomorrow I'll leave the lights on just to see what happens.
Thanks Bulldog
kyfred

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
I have the right 15A fuse . If what we did today don't work I will unplug everything and start plugging things back up to see which light or connection blows the fuse if it blows tomorrow. I cleaned everything connections for the headlights behind the grill. I am hoping that takes care of it.
Thanks bgbill
kyfred