Hazard lights not working on L3710?

unioncreek

Equipment
Kubota L3710 GST
Nov 1, 2023
WA
I have a new to me L3710 that the hazard lights don’t work on. I can turn them on and the dash lights flash, but the back light don’t. I checked the bulbs and they work. I can turn in the headlights and they back lights come on.
I’m looking for ideas of where I should start looking.

Bob

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If what you are trying to say is when switches are turned on they turn on lights they aren't supposed to , I'd say "start looking" at a wiring diagram to find where wires have been crossed. Sounds like hazard switch is connected to dash lights and headlamp switch is connected to tail lights.

unioncreek

Equipment
Kubota L3710 GST
Nov 1, 2023
WA
When I turn the hazard switch on both arrows flash on the dash. When I turn the light switch on the tail lights come on. When I use the turn signals the dash lights will flash.

I’ve been looking on internet and it could be the relay.

I was looking at other L3710’s online and they have lights mounted on top of the fenders plus taillights. Are the lights on top of the fenders the hazard lights and I don’t have any?

Bob

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
When I turn the hazard switch on both arrows flash on the dash. When I turn the light switch on the tail lights come on. When I use the turn signals the dash lights will flash.

I’ve been looking on internet and it could be the relay.

I was looking at other L3710’s online and they have lights mounted on top of the fenders plus taillights. Are the lights on top of the fenders the hazard lights and I don’t have any?

Bob
YES!

IF you have an Open Station version (no cab) then it should have fender mounted hazard lights.

They will be big, yellow, round lights. IF you don't have those mounted on each fender then look on the fender for indications of where they should have been (holes for mounting, wiring under each fender).

It sounds to me as if you are expecting your 'tail-lights' to operate as hazard lights....when in reality you have no hazard lights.

Fender mounted hazard lights will look similar to below (example is from my tractor, but the same across the board).

Tail Lights.jpg

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
The "hazard lights" on the fender are also the turn signal lights. You should find a wire going to the light beneath each fender. Unfortunately both the wires and the lights are easily damaged in everyday use but easy to fix/replace as well.

unioncreek

Equipment
Kubota L3710 GST
Nov 1, 2023
WA
Well that solves that mystery.

Under the drivers side fender there are two connectors (pict below), under the passenger fender there’s a wire that has been torn off. The fenders have two holes toward the back(picture below). I’ll have to find some lights to go on there.

IMG_0437.jpeg IMG_0437.jpeg IMG_0436.jpeg IMG_0437.jpeg IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg IMG_0436.jpeg