Hay trailers

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Anyone here fabricate their own single hay bale trailers for pickup use or kubota side by side? I’ve seen a few ideas searching the net just getting an idea here. Thanks

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
Anyone here fabricate their own single hay bale trailers for pickup use or kubota side by side? I’ve seen a few ideas searching the net just getting an idea here. Thanks
If you can :: FARM SHOW magazine Vol#40 issue #2 page 29
shows one we made one and it works very well

there is another made with an axle wheels and prongs back into bale with the prongs winch it of the ground move it and drop in place

they both work well

best of luck

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
Here are some photos of a homemade trailer we used for awhile to move round bales around our farm. My father had someone make it for him. When he sold the cattle, he gave it to a neighbor.

It was a simple design and worked really well. The way it operated was you would back it up to the hay bale so the back roller almost touched the bale and then stop, flip a toggle switch to lock the brakes, continue backing up until the trailer folded over the bale and the spear fell over the bale, pull forward to pull the bale into the cradle, then move it where you wanted. To unload, you would get off the tractor and move the spear back off the bale, get back on the tractor and flip the toggle switch to lock the brakes, back up until the trailer folded and dumped out the bale.

He used this with his Farmall Super A which did not have a 3-point lift only a drawbar hitch. Later he bought a tractor with a 3-point hitch and hay spear. Much faster and no getting on and off the tractor.

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it worked well for po folks on a farm.

Attachments