Having problems responding to posts

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am having a problem responding to posts sometimes. I am a fast typer and can type with my eyes closed, which I sometimes do as a result of my eyes being tired and the light bothering them. When I open my eyes, I sometimes find that even though I have been typing the letters are not on in the thread. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't know what my typing speed is today, but when I was typing in the 1960s I could type over 200 words a minute using an IBM Selectric typewriter. I made that little ball fly! Unfortunately with a computer, all that I can hear are my fingers flying across the keyboard.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get a mechanical keyboard, it will make you feel like days of old...
And yea it's your typing, keyboard or computer causing the issues. ;)

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I have to type with my eyes open, so nope, don’t have that particular problem.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Get a mechanical keyboard, it will make you feel like days of old...
And yea it's your typing, keyboard or computer causing the issues. ;)
It happens on only certain threads, and on all the different computers that I use, 2 different ones at home, and 2 different onc
I have to type with my eyes open, so nope, don’t have that particular problem.
When I was learning to type we had to keep our eyes closed so we didn't look at the keyboard. Looking at the keyboard slows your typing speed. My wife can't understand how I can hold a conversation with her and type also. It is fairly easy, I give her one-word replies.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It happens on only certain threads, and on all the different computers that I use, 2 different ones at home, and 2 different onc

When I was learning to type we had to keep our eyes closed so we didn't look at the keyboard. Looking at the keyboard slows your typing speed. My wife can't understand how I can hold a conversation with her and type also. It is fairly easy, I give her one-word replies.
Try clearing your cache???

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Try clearing your cache???
I don't have any cache because my wife took it all! I clean the computers of all cache, and cookies, etc. at least once a week and sometimes even more often. I use CCleaner, AVG tune-up, and BleachBit. I figure that if it worked well for Hillery, it should be good enough for my use.
I was discussing this with someone else and they said that if there are a lot of people on a forum posting that the forum software might not be able to keep up with my speed, and that I should try at different times of the day to see if this is the case. Just a thought.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't have any cache because my wife took it all! I clean the computers of all cache, and cookies, etc. at least once a week and sometimes even more often. I use CCleaner, AVG tune-up, and BleachBit. I figure that if it worked well for Hillery, it should be good enough for my use.
I was discussing this with someone else and they said that if there are a lot of people on a forum posting that the forum software might not be able to keep up with my speed, and that I should try at different times of the day to see if this is the case. Just a thought.
Anything is possible, The forum is getting a ton of visits lately.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
At any given time - there are 1000 guests here - manly bots looking to scoop up anything searchable .

entries for today at 10:00 am EST

1702739055833.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am having a problem responding to posts sometimes. I am a fast typer and can type with my eyes closed, which I sometimes do as a result of my eyes being tired and the light bothering them. When I open my eyes, I sometimes find that even though I have been typing the letters are not on in the thread. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't know what my typing speed is today, but when I was typing in the 1960s I could type over 200 words a minute using an IBM Selectric typewriter. I made that little ball fly! Unfortunately with a computer, all that I can hear are my fingers flying across the keyboard.
The message box on the OTT page periodically loses input focus and you wind up typing into the bit bucket. I suspect OTT relies heavily on AJAX for dynamic page mansgement and the issue is related to the inner working of the server side updates.

Dan

Last edited:

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Sometimes, when I am seating in front of the computer, I close my eyes and I start to drool .... :sleep:

Reactions: 1 user

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Had some similar issues but noticed it was related to random ads that were scrolling and changing on the pages. Installed an ad blocker and the typing issue cleared and I no longer see all the ads from Temu etc.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Had some similar issues but noticed it was related to random ads that were scrolling and changing on the pages. Installed an ad blocker and the typing issue cleared and I no longer see all the ads from Temu etc.
I think that may be part if the page update process I was talking about. The ads seem to cause the message box to lose imput focus. Ads are not the only thing that seems to do that. The server also appears to rewrite portions of the thread at seemingly random times with the same result.

Dan

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
This happens to me in every thread that I post into.

I am "1/2 ok" at typing and "1/2 hunt and peck"

I thought it was my "fat thumb" whacking the space bar.

Edit: I will say this though, it seems to happen a lot less on my personal Macbook Air (space age keyboard) than it does with my PC at work (old school keyboard).

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm so slow, I get the pop up message asking if I'm still alive while I'm typing.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users