grey b6000

jboar

Equipment
grey b6000 with tiller
Aug 7, 2012
Cupar,Saskatchewan
I am new to the forum and to kubota tractor's. I just brought home my b6000 grey market tractor today. It seem's to be a nice little simple machine. I have a few question's on the machine. The tiller looks to be permanantly mounted to the machine, is it possible to change 3pth implements. what is the grove in the front of the tractor for (looks like a front pto maybe). there doesn't seem to be an air filter in it just a glass that can be dumped out, is this correct or am I missing something. And what type of fluids go where. I do plan on ordering a service manual and will be doing alot of searching on this forum to help me with these questions and to learn more about this machine.

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
Welcome to the forum! Your B6000 is a cute but very tough machine. It will work hard and do a lot, in spite of how tiny it is.

The tillers come bolted onto the rear of these tractors. They can be removed. Somewhere on here there is a photo of how it looks.

The PTO shaft on these is one of the very few that spin counter-clockwise when looking at it from the rear. Lower lift arms can be added to allow the use of small three point implements.

The air filter is called an oil bath filter. It uses engine oil in the glass basin and stainless steel mesh in the tube to filter the incoming air. They are messier to service, but have a large capacity for holding contaminants, and are cheap to service: a few ounces of engine oil is it.

I run 15W-40 diesel oil in my B6000 engine. The transmission case takes universal tractor fluid, or anything compatible with JD303 or IH Hy- Tran etc. The front axle, if applicable, can use gear oil or the same fluid as the transmission. I run a GL-4 compatible gear oil just in case there is any bronze in the axle case. (Some/many GL-5 oils will corrode the copper alloyed into bronze)

Do yourself a favor and get the manual, it will be handy

jboar

Equipment
grey b6000 with tiller
Aug 7, 2012
Cupar,Saskatchewan
thanks for the response, How much oil goes in the air cleaner. Where can i get the lower lift arms for the 3pth

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
There is a mark on the bowl to indicate how much. Maybe 100 CCs or so. Clean it out and you will see two marks, fill it to the lower one.

Lower arms are available from a variety of sources, including eBay and farm equipment retailers. Service Department Vic may sell them. I would start there.

jboar

Equipment
grey b6000 with tiller
Aug 7, 2012
Cupar,Saskatchewan
There is a mark on the bowl to indicate how much. Maybe 100 CCs or so. Clean it out and you will see two marks, fill it to the lower one.

Lower arms are available from a variety of sources, including eBay and farm equipment retailers. Service Department Vic may sell them. I would start there.
thanks for your help

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
As mentioned, the air filter is an oil bath type, Releasing the two clips just lower it down. Clean it off. There should be the remnants of two yellow lines on the bowl. they are most likely rubbed off or just about gone. Fill to between the lines. Use the Engine oil. The specs call for 30 wt oil suiatable for diesel engines. NOT GAS engine oil!

The rear gear case is both to lube the gears and provides the sump for the HYD system. It uses either Kubota UDT OR cheaper 90 wt gear oil available anywhere.

I was worried about whether mine was grey. The Kubota Manager let me in on a little method they use to figure this out. It the decals are in ENGLISH it is NOT Grey! If you can read it it is legit! They didn't put English decals on Tractors that weren't supposed to be here.

Parts are getting harder and harder to come by. But clutch disk, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearings are still readily available. Search EBAY or just google search those words.

As Mentioned "Service Dept Vic" on this forum works in the field and you can buy from him.