GR2120 Parking Brake Adjustment

andre53

Equipment
GR2120, 54" Mower, GR2728 Snowblower
Jun 30, 2012
East Aurora, NY
The parking brake on my 2012 GR2120 will no longer stay set. No matter how carefully I engage it, it will not stay engaged with the engine idling (or at any other rpm...) Not only is this a safety issue, but it is a royal pain as it kills the engine if I am not sitting in the seat.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to adjust the tension on the brake to prevent this from occurring?

I'd appreciate any advice you may have.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Mine does the same thing. I looked at it and I cant figure if it needs adjustment or a good cleaning with a wire brush or something needs to be replaced and there is not much room in there. If it is covered under the warranty I will bring it in the spring to have it looked at, for now I have just unhooked and bypass the seat safety switch.

In the picture is the problem area.
The only thing I could find in the user manual was an adjustment for free travel on the brake pedal. I don't think this will solve the problem but it is worth a try. From what I could tell the workshop manual only shows how to take it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The brake linkage has several points of seizure. I've seen them all at some point become seized, worn, or otherwise messed up. Usually had to just dig in and find out which one was tight/broken/worn, remove, clean/sand and reinstall.

Yet another reason I hated those things....them and the GR2100 both.

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Can you give us some insight as to what the other reasons are?

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I'd like to hear them too. I'm picking up my GR2120 Saturday. I hope I made a good decision. I did notice the parking brake was finicky in the unit (250 hours on it) I'll have to get right on that.

Mine has only 225 hours on it from new august 2014 just watch for leak from hst seal(repaired under warranty)Otherthan that no major issues.