Good news,,, I think

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
just talked to the Kid,, she husband was instructed,,, more or less ,, to submit his package for a WO2

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Skeets, I guess that's good! Does WO stand for ....waste oil, with out....I don't know and then a 2?

But I was thinking about you and your motorcycle stories. On one of the threads I been doing some homework on about chain saw protective gear a guy was talking about safety.

Dress for the slide, not the ride! And: ATGATT....all the gear, all the time.:D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The duties U.S. Marine warrant officers typically fulfill are those that would normally call for the authority of a commissioned officer. However, they require an additional level of technical proficiency and practical experience that a commissioned officer would not have had the opportunity to achieve.
An enlisted Marine can apply for the warrant officer program after serving at least eight years of enlisted service, and reaching the rank of sergeant (paygrade E-5) for the administrative warrant officer program or after serving at least 16 years of enlisted service and reaching the rank of gunnery sergeant (paygrade E-7) for the weapons warrant officer program. If the Marine NCO is selected, they are given additional leadership and management training during the Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), conducted at The Basic School at Quantico, Virginia.

So Im proud of the boy I just hope it goes through for him, he has worked very hard.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dress for the slide, not the ride! And: ATGATT....all the gear, all the time.
And dat is why God made leather :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats to you and our son. Warrant Officers seem to be a rarity in today's military. There is a cool mystique about WO's.

As the jobs in the military get more and more technical, Warrant Officers take on more specialized duties (piloting, instructor positions, command positions) than ever. The Marines and Army has most, if not all of the WO's, though if more pilot candidates don't appear, we may see more WO's in the Air Force as well.

Somebody raised that boy right. And its obvious that somebody is proud as heck of his boy. A sharp salute from our military family to yours.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I will tell you this Ray, if I was to pick better husbands for my daughters,, There is no way in hell I could do any better than these 2 young men. One is a fireman, EMT ,search and rescue, instructor and all kinds of stuff.
And the other a Marine, headed I hope, for his WO.
If these boys were my own, I could not be more proud of them, they have worked hard for what they have achieved. They have my daughters and thats not something I would give up to someone that didnt deserve them

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im sorry I said EMT, he is a paramedic with all the hazmat stuff.... When my first grand daughter was born, he was talking to the nurse in the labor room about what he did for a living. He said as many times as he has taught birthing to crews hes never seen one,,, The daughter went in to deliver Doc checked her over and said OK boy its your show,, he then delivered my grand daughter,,how freekin cool is that :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Congrats to your S-i-L. That's a BIG step and he obviously has his stuff together if they "invited" him to apply.

My grandson had a hair over 6 years in the Corps, was a Sargent looking at Staff Sargent when a series of misfortunes resulted in him being medically retired and on 100% disability. Had that not occurred, he was planning on trying for WO and making a career of it.

My own career (Navy) peaked at E8 and was one of the few really good decisions I've made in my life.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thank you my friend at least he wont have to be crawling around in the sand any more, worrying how many of his guys are getting shot up. Medical ended my Naval career as well. The the VA took away my disability at a tune of 30% with each visit to Bethesda Naval Hospital,, till I hit 15% then they cut me off,,ahh well life goes on :)
Non sibi sed patriae

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The Warrant Officer program is an excellent opportunity in the armed forces. My son was an Army aviator. He used to fly Apache Helicopters. He entered the Army in the Warrant Officer Flight Program. He went to the Warrant Officer Candidate Course right after Basic Training and to flight school upon graduation from the WO Candidate Course. He is on disability now but doing well. He says he sometimes misses being in the service because being a Warrant officer was like a fraternity. He misses the camaraderie and esprit de corps.

You son-in-law should go for it, he will not regret his decision if he is career minded. Congratulations and good luck to him, and your daughter. I wish them both well.