Gonna try the 3pt mower this year.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Looks like a LandPride Air Tunnel deck. It's a good one but it was about max on my B7500.

That deck looks heavy for the tractor. I always remove the entire loader & arms for mowing, but you may have trouble picking the deck and keeping the front wheels on the ground without having at least the frame on.

I used three side discharge decks before trying a rear discharge. I now prefer rear discharge but still have one 5 foot side discharge. Side is nice to "rake" leaves in Autumn. Nothing wrong with side discharge. It just takes a little more planning so clipping accumulation isn't an issue.

Always looking back is a comment from someone who isn't experienced at using a RFM. I do 3-1/2 acres with buildings, trees, creek, steel posts, etc and rarely look back.

Reactions: 1 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
First time mowing with it. It was still a little wetter than I normally would mow, but not terrible. My first impressions:

1.Cut finish is pretty good, but the MMM is better. I just used whatever blades were on it, so I am sure new blades would help. Overall it wasn’t a huge difference.

2. I left the FEL on. I could mow without it, but when I raised the mower without it the BX didn’t want to steer well.

3. Manuverability was a little less but not a huge issue. Once I figure out the best mowing patterns around the house area the additional push mowing should be minimal.

4. In the open areas where there wasn’t much stopping or turning I could mow in high gear. If I needed to maneuver a lot or stop/backup etc low gear worked the best.

5. As far as the looking back. It was very minimal. There were a few times I had to, but for the most part it was a non issue.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I heard that the cut quality from my MMM would be better. I’m not a manicured lawn guy. More of a “I keep it cut and weedeated” kinda guy. As long as it is decent with this I am willing to sacrifice some cut quality.
I'm with you on the whole manicured lawn thing. 3" to 4" of grass works for me. Sounds like the new cutter is working well for you.

m6060_rcr1884_6.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I'm with you on the whole manicured lawn thing. 3" to 4" of grass works for me. Sounds like the new cutter is working well for you.

View attachment 124784
Seems to be. The real test will be when it warms up and I am mowing every week.

Another reason I got it was because I have a lot of tall Cutleaf Teasel growing in the area of my property that I don't mow. I want to be able to cut/knock them down to keep them from going to seed and spreading, but I dont want to mow down all the other vegetation. The MMM can't me raised high enough to accomplish this. With the RFM I can go super hillbilly with it.......raise it up fairly high and back through the area. It is high enough to cut the tall Teasels, without mowing down all the other vegetation.

Just have to make sure that all dogs are inside and humans keep their distance during the "super safe" process......

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user