Giving Up on Buying a New Kubota

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
OK, so it's a 'storage' problem not actual use. Know that very well going from 4300 to 200 sqft.
One option for a snowblower is a self powered SSQA version. While most may be more cash up front,it does allow for QUICK, EASY swaps between blower and bucket and forks. Also allows for alternative storage as it comes off.
BTW if you think buying a tractor is fun, try 'building a pickup' online !!!
Storage must be extremely tight if 12” makes a difference.

Reactions: 1 user

P0234

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
NoVA
Frustrating for sure OP. There are still tons of lingering issues with buying anything other than general consumer goods, at least you can get TP now. I'd share how frustrating it is buying a used one and the delusion people are under as far as prices, but that's probably for another thread.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Why not consider some of the more common models such as a L3560?
that was my thought as well.

Quick inventory search shows 100+ Kubota tractors in the OP's area on the lots and ready to go.

I guess when shopping for a a limited run / unicorn having to wait is just the way its going to be.

• Wow

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
that was my thought as well.

Quick inventory search shows 100+ Kubota tractors in the OP's area on the lots and ready to go.

I guess when shopping for a a limited run / unicorn having to wait is just the way its going to be.
Too funny. My BX was the unicorn at the time and seems like every other manufacturer followed the trend.

I only have 2300 sq ft and eighty percent of that is for fabricating. The focus in my shop isn’t storage or the tractor, it’s making “one of”. I make my own part, my own tools and do full fabrication.

You can probably track down some of my work here on this sight if it hasn’t been purged. I made a quick hitch for the B2650 snowblower head to work with the BX tractor, built custom PTO shafts to work with the mid PTO, a three point fence row mower just to mention a few.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
This is the Kubota sight and for that reason they (Kubota) should know what the feedback is. Seems like everything there goes in deaf ears. I know Kubota watches this sight the same way every other major company in the country watches the sights related to their company.

This is not a kubota corporate site...

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
OldSchoolWay,
I see your located in Wi, I would guess you had checked with Service Motors as to inventory?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
So, you are shopping for a model during a time when they are transitioning away/to a different series. And ... old ones and new ones are hard to buy. None of the dealers have them. That doesn't seem like a Kubota problem. It seems like a customer patience problem. ;). I don't blame you, but sometimes reality isn't convenient.

Fwiw, if you want lift capacity, the L3560 can be had with a much more powerful loader as in several hundred pounds.

I agree that if 12 inches is a big concern, it's really tight. It's so tight that your measurements better be pretty perfect. Also, did you consider what attachments you might have on. For instance, a bucket is much shorter than a pair of pallet forks.

Have fun shopping. If you haven't, you should watch the comparison videos between JD and Kubota models. For the most part, there are no equivalent models. That is, either the Kubota or JD is bigger depending on which two you compare.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Looking at their website it’s showing only Case IH products in stock as new.
i know the Dale branch has many new Kubota’s on the lot, not sure about the other branches. I also looked at their website and would not trust it’s up to date on inventory.

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
So, you are shopping for a model during a time when they are transitioning away/to a different series. And ... old ones and new ones are hard to buy. None of the dealers have them. That doesn't seem like a Kubota problem. It seems like a customer patience problem. ;). I don't blame you, but sometimes reality isn't convenient.

Fwiw, if you want lift capacity, the L3560 can be had with a much more powerful loader as in several hundred pounds.

I agree that if 12 inches is a big concern, it's really tight. It's so tight that your measurements better be pretty perfect. Also, did you consider what attachments you might have on. For instance, a bucket is much shorter than a pair of pallet forks.

Have fun shopping. If you haven't, you should watch the comparison videos between JD and Kubota models. For the most part, there are no equivalent models. That is, either the Kubota or JD is bigger depending on which two you compare.
The tractor availability is there and many options as well. Lack of information provided to the dealer network on availability of parts and accessories is the problem. It doesn’t matter the dealership Kubota doesn’t provide any information to them and I confirmed it.

This isn’t a complaint against the dealerships, it’s Kubota themselves. Ask Kubota a question and get a non answer response “Contact the Dealer”. The dealership near me use to be mostly Kubota but not anymore. Seeing more New Holland, Bobcat and Massey Ferguson at those dealerships that sell Kubota. I own Bobcat products and it would be really convenient to switch to Bobcat, 2miles away, but that’s not what I’m looking for.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Obviously I have a Kubota and I am 100% pleased with the model I have for my purposes. However, JD, in my experience, makes quality equipment as well. If you can source an available JD setup that meets all of your criteria at an acceptable price point, that sounds like your most reasonable option.

Since you said you already have a BX, only issue I can think of off the top of my head would be loader implement compatibility. Not likely you’d be doing that due to the size difference in the tractors, but if you do go with JD and get JD’s proprietary quick attach instead of SSQA you wouldn’t be able to share loader implements between machines. However, you can spec a SSQA on JD machines if you want that cross compatibility with loader implements.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
OK, so it's a 'storage' problem not actual use. Know that very well going from 4300 to 200 sqft.
One option for a snowblower is a self powered SSQA version. While most may be more cash up front,it does allow for QUICK, EASY swaps between blower and bucket and forks. Also allows for alternative storage as it comes off.
BTW if you think buying a tractor is fun, try 'building a pickup' online !!!
who makes a self powered SSQA version?

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
Obviously I have a Kubota and I am 100% pleased with the model I have for my purposes. However, JD, in my experience, makes quality equipment as well. If you can source an available JD setup that meets all of your criteria at an acceptable price point, that sounds like your most reasonable option.

Since you said you already have a BX, only issue I can think of off the top of my head would be loader implement compatibility. Not likely you’d be doing that due to the size difference in the tractors, but if you do go with JD and get JD’s proprietary quick attach instead of SSQA you wouldn’t be able to share loader implements between machines. However, you can spec a SSQA on JD machines if you want that cross compatibility with loader implements.
You hit the nail on the head. I was ready to pull the trigger on the JD just before I paused and thought I’d better just take another look at the LX again. The loader uses a common two lever release system for the bucket. I can get the blank plates that allow me to fabricate my own attachments with ease. U-Blades, trenching saw, there is no end to the options

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Doesn’t have to be. Most major corporations in the county have a staff that monitors forum conversations for public relations purposes.
I doubt that Kubota gives a rat's ass what we Kubota owners have to say about problems with their products. If they did, they would have addressed the wear issue with the Kubota K Connect snowblower drive system. All manufacturers are still having supply issues, and Kubota isn't any different. I need a new exhaust system for my 2016 Ford Explorer, and the dealer has informed me that it is on backorder. Can't tell me when it will become available. In the meantime, I am driving a Ford that sounds like a motor boat.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I doubt that Kubota gives a rat's ass what we Kubota owners have to say about problems with their products. If they did, they would have addressed the wear issue with the Kubota K Connect snowblower drive system. All manufacturers are still having supply issues, and Kubota isn't any different. I need a new exhaust system for my 2016 Ford Explorer, and the dealer has informed me that it is on backorder. Can't tell me when it will become available. In the meantime, I am driving a Ford that sounds like a motor boat.
Lol. Probably right. It took 6 months to get a windshield for my wife’s. Acura during the scamdemic.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
On the tractor - you're picking a new model during changeover. I get that availability is now sorted, but I also understand why there was an availability gap in between. So that's the first part of your story.

The second part is about the snowblower. Sounds like the snowblower itself is available, but the driveline will be specific to the new model.....and so it's not available yet. Some manufacturers promise a date (even though they don't know). Others say "it'll be done when it's done, we don't make promises". Some in theory promise a date and actually deliver on that date (but not sure if that's just theory and none in practice).

Is it just driveline, or is it also the quick attach? If it's just the driveline, is an option to buy what you can, and then fab the driveline yourself? I'm assuming it's going to be just like the previous model, but needs some dimension adjustment. Or perhaps they're doing a redesign on the quick attach to address the issues that apparently Kubota ignore.

Ultimately the choice is to wait for the tractor you want with the attachment you want, or to buy a tractor and implement that aren't what you want. If the JD is an option, then perhaps also another Kubota could be an option. Or a Kioti, or others. If the JD wasn't an option before, I wouldn't change just because of availability. That's just me. I'd also take the advice that they're never exactly the same - so the JD will either be a bit bigger or a bit smaller. And the dimensions aren't always measured the same, so unless you see them side by side you probably won't know exactly which is larger.

I'd get the Grand L if it were me. They're a great machine. Sounds like your space issue is a "I don't want to" issue not "the space doesn't exist". You have a big shop, you don't want to take up an extra foot in it. Personally I'd take up the extra foot. But each to their own.

Reactions: 1 users

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Storage must be extremely tight if 12” makes a difference.
I would care about an extra 12" in width..in fact, I made a decision on frame size/footprint as well. It's not unreasonable IMO.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Several companies make gas powered SSQA snowblowers (BERCOMAC in Quebec for one). HUGE market share is for ATV/UTVs. Yes, pricey but all 'low volume' manufacturing is. I made my own for the BX23S,99.44% of it the parts were sitting here, there, somewhere so less than $500 into it.
It sits outside all year on a 3x5 skid. That's a LOT of space freed up in my shop, er garafe

I cringe at the 'tight space' though,something like a simple sneeze can make you hit the wrong lever or pedal and oopsy you've got a 3' long slash in the side of the building, sigh, BTDT.
I added an 8 by 18 'annex' to the garage 2 decades ago. Put the furnace,air compressor and shelving in there REGAINED a LOT of floor space. That might be an option you could look at ?

OldSchoolWays

Equipment
BX
Nov 13, 2023
Wisconsin
Several companies make gas powered SSQA snowblowers (BERCOMAC in Quebec for one). HUGE market share is for ATV/UTVs. Yes, pricey but all 'low volume' manufacturing is. I made my own for the BX23S,99.44% of it the parts were sitting here, there, somewhere so less than $500 into it.
It sits outside all year on a 3x5 skid. That's a LOT of space freed up in my shop, er garafe

I cringe at the 'tight space' though,something like a simple sneeze can make you hit the wrong lever or pedal and oopsy you've got a 3' long slash in the side of the building, sigh, BTDT.
I added an 8 by 18 'annex' to the garage 2 decades ago. Put the furnace,air compressor and shelving in there REGAINED a LOT of floor space. That might be an option you could look at ?
Just added 16x36 this past yr. My agreement with my wife “nothing sits outside”.

if I’m building roll cages, custom frames or something like that the tubes come in 20’. The main loop will start at 16, at least, ’and when you start bending you need the sq ft. My JD2 is a horizontal setup versus the vertical because I feel it gives me more options. Years ago I built a loft in the back for storage of extra parts, grinding station, woodworking and general storage. The car lifts aren’t there to look pretty, they’re there to be used.

Im not a tractor guy, my wife is the true farmer, but when it come to fabricating you’ll probably want to sit down and learn something, but I will take your input or ideas.