Getting ROPS B6000E

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
chyduke, have you looked into getting the ROPS from Kubota? I understand that there is an incentive subsidy for Kubotas that have never had a ROPS installed, and results in a quite attractive price.

chyduke

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 10, 2015
Lead, South Dakota
Re: FOR TRADE/FS B6000 Front End Loader FEL Mount

Thanks for the heads up ShaunBlake. I looked into a ROPS from the local Kubota dealer. The parts rep said he didn't think a ROPS was available for my model because of its age and would do some "calling around." I haven't heard back yet, so I'll likely try another dealer in the area (about a 2 hour drive away). In the meantime, I thought I might get lucky and run into someone with one laying around on a parts tractor. Has anyone else had difficulty getting a ROPS from a dealer? Just curious.

ed57

Equipment
B5100, B7100
Aug 16, 2015
Smiths Creek MI USA

Thanks for the heads up ShaunBlake. I looked into a ROPS from the local Kubota dealer. The parts rep said he didn't think a ROPS was available for my model because of its age and would do some "calling around." I haven't heard back yet, so I'll likely try another dealer in the area (about a 2 hour drive away). In the meantime, I thought I might get lucky and run into someone with one laying around on a parts tractor. Has anyone else had difficulty getting a ROPS from a dealer? Just curious.
I have an old B5100, and an old B7100. Got the rops for under 100 bucks from the dealer no problems, came with seat belts too. I think I just had to pay shipping. The b7100 took a couple weeks, it had to be made.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

chyduke

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 10, 2015
Lead, South Dakota

Ed,

As for the ROPS, visited Kubota dealer "A" and was told is not available. Called dealer "B" and they said the ROPS program is no longer in effect, but they could get one from a dealer in Georgia for $340 plus shipping (with the adapter kit). I went ahead and told them to order it. Probably could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but I figured around $500 is still pretty cheap life insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Ed,
Sorry for the delay in my reply...been busy. The width between the loader uprights is 36 1/4".

As for the ROPS, visited Kubota dealer "A" and was told is not available. Called dealer "B" and they said the ROPS program is no longer in effect, but they could get one from a dealer in Georgia for $340 plus shipping (with the adapter kit). I went ahead and told them to order it. Probably could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but I figured around $500 is still pretty cheap life insurance.
Contact Kubota Corp. to verify it is "no longer in effect". I get the funny feeling they "maybe" shafting you and will order via the ROPS program at discount and sell to you at the upper made up cost and pocket the extra money under the table.

Not sure if there is a difference between B6000 and B6000E but according to Kubota website ROPs for the B6000 unit is 150 bucks as part of ROPs program
see: http://www.kubota.com/safety/RolloverProtectiveStructures.aspx?t=buyerguide

contact info
http://www.kubota.com/contactus/ContactKubota.aspx

Last edited: