Gear heads ,,283

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Ya know I have been thinking, and I guess if it were you or I thats most likely what would happen, because we already have what we need and want.
However this is his freedom machine, and there aint no money in the world thats going to take it from him, his, no one else.
My oldest found a beat up 57 bird when she was a freshman in high school , was it worth more than she gave for it, yep, but that was her freedom machine, we worked on the 312, and she did most of the body work where she could, and it was her everyday driver, untill after collage.
The youngest did the same with a 78 Corvette, her dream and freedom ride, and her and one of her girl friends and her gear head boyfriend, painted it like a Vett on a Lenny Kravis album cover.
So money aint the bottom line when it is yours and something you want. I guess they learned from the Old Man, aint no point in havin toys if ya dont play with them
No offence, but its not always the money.
Very true. I just hope for his sake that he doesn't start cutting it up. Enjoy.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Ya know I have been thinking, and I guess if it were you or I thats most likely what would happen, because we already have what we need and want.
However this is his freedom machine, and there aint no money in the world thats going to take it from him, his, no one else.
My oldest found a beat up 57 bird when she was a freshman in high school , was it worth more than she gave for it, yep, but that was her freedom machine, we worked on the 312, and she did most of the body work where she could, and it was her everyday driver, untill after collage.
The youngest did the same with a 78 Corvette, her dream and freedom ride, and her and one of her girl friends and her gear head boyfriend, painted it like a Vett on a Lenny Kravis album cover.
So money aint the bottom line when it is yours and something you want. I guess they learned from the Old Man, aint no point in havin toys if ya dont play with them
No offence, but its not always the money.
Great way to think about it! Is the car a 64 or 65 as they did make a major body change for the 65's. No offense to any one that posted but being a 4 door , auto, base V8 it is not highly desirable from a collector standpoint.

Giving your grandson the hands on learning experience , the freedom to make his own decisions as to keeping it stock or hot rodding it, spending quality time with him etc is going to be more valuable for the both of you in the long run than the car will ever be worth on the resale market in my opinion.

My father gifted me a 1966 Dodge D100 short bed pickup with the 318 poly sphere engine and 3 speed on the column. My older brother had the truck when he went off to collage and burned up all the wiring after he tried to install a aftermarket stereo system. Dad said If I wanted the truck I could have it, but if I did not get it running, off to the scrap yard it went. I cut my teeth on that truck as far as learning basic car repair, electrical wiring, rust repair, etc, etc. That education was invaluable and follows me to this day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
NWL, I wasnt rippin on ya, I just saw the look in his eyes, in 2 or 3 years if he tires of it, or it becomes too much for him, then he can do as he pleases. But right now you couldnt pry his arse out of the drivers seat with an 8 foot 2x4. Yes it is a semi classic, not a muscle car, it is a 4 door, bone stock granny driving to church car. How many are out there I have no clue, if he tears it up or does something stupid than its on him. Not like there were calls from the high school to home about a vett and a tbird leaving tire tracks coming off the school grounds